Daughter of Bulgaria's 'Cocaine King' Abducted - Report
Reports have intensified that the 10-year-old girl that was abducted in Bulgaria's capital Sofia early on Tuesday is the daughter of notorious drug lord Evelin Banev aka Brendo.
According to the Bulgarian National Radio, the girl, whose name is Lara, was kidnapped by three unidentified gunmen in a BMW vehicle. The girl was earlier reported to be aged 12.
The girl's 36-year-old driver and bodyguard was shot in the back during the abduction and was rushed to hospital.
The accident took place at around 7:30 am in the affluent Sofia suburb of Boyana.
Banev was sentenced to 7.5 years in prison last month. He was charged with heading an organized crime gang and money laundering.
Banev is known as Bulgaria’s “cocaine king.”
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna