Video Shows 'Bulgarian Jan Palach' Speaking Out against TIM Group
A video clip from the anti-government protests in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna posted on YouTube shows Plamen Goranov – already known as the Bulgarian Jan Palach for setting himself on fire in protest – speaking out against the Varna security and business group TIM.
The video of Goranov – who perished of his wounds on Monday in hospital after agonizing for 11 days – was posted on YouTube by Bulgarian investigative journalism site Bivol.bg.
The video shows Goranov speaking briefly before a protesting crowd in Varna the day before the incident in which he burned before the Varna Municipality – and urging the protesters to should slogans "Down with TIM".
TIM is a major security and business group which is said to control tightly the politics and economy in Varna, and according to US diplomatic cables leaked on WikiLeaks is rooted in the 1990s organized crime. Its group of companies includes the Central Cooperative Bank, Chimimport, Bulgaria Air, among many others.
- » Bitcoin Hit an All-Time High Just Below $8,000
- » Black Friday This Year Will be on November 24
- » Report Describes Belene Nuclear Plant Project as Vital
- » President Radev: No Serious Progress on Recommendations Made in EC CVM Report
- » German Gay Film Festival Banned in Ankara
- » Proposal: BGN 510 Min Salary From January