2 Bulgarians Sentenced for Stealing Fuel in Malta
Two Bulgarian nationals have been sentenced to an 18-month jail term, suspended for three years, for stealing fuel.
Stefan Mitkov Parasakov, 27, and Mihail Nedkov Nikolov 28, both from Sliema, who discovered a way to retrieve the money they put into automated fuel pumps and helped themselves to free diesel.
The two were given suspended jail terms after admitting to stealing EUR 960 worth of diesel from pumps across the island over the course of a month, according to the Times of Malta.
Paraskov and Nikolov received suspended sentences, since they had paid the money back.
- » Bulgaria's Border Police Seize BGN 5 M Worth of Cocaine
- » Officials Detained at Bulgaria's Fisheries Agency in EU Funds Misuse Probe
- » Smuggling Ring Uncovered in Bulgaria as Truck Runs Out of Fuel
- » Last-Instance Court to Sit on Bulgarian Ex Spy Chief's 10-Year Sentence
- » Bulgaria Handed over 72 Turkish Nationals in 2016
- » Bulgarian Border Police Officers Taken into Custody amid Corruption Charges