Bulgaria's Plevneliev Pledges Adherence to Democratic Principles to Barroso
President Rosen Plevneliev has acquainted President of the European Commission Jose Manuel Barroso with the current situation in Bulgaria and the aspects of the economic and social crisis plaguing the country.
In a phone conversation with the EC President, Plevneliev noted that the processes taking place in Bulgaria after the resignation of the center-right GERB government were democratic and in line with EU values of the rule of law and justice.
The EC President in turn pointed out that the EC was closely monitoring the situation in the country and voiced appreciation for the democratic nature of processes in Bulgaria.
The EC President suggested that the crisis in which Europe was for a fifth year was setting the agenda of politicians both in terms of measures for financial discipline and measures related to stimulating economic growth, the increase of incomes and employment and support for socially underprivileged and people in need.
On March 6, Rosen Plevneliev will pay a one-day working visit to Brussels to meet EC President Barroso and European Council President Herman Van Rompuy, according to a media statement of the President's Office.
Bulgaria's President will also attend a ceremony commemorating 70 years since the saving of Bulgaria's Jews during World War 2 at the European Parliament.
- » Bulgaria will Lose BGN 70 Million from the EU for Education and Science
- » The President Rumen Radev to Meet the Vice-President of the European Commission
- » The Minister of Transport and Information Technologies to Work for 5G Mobile Network in Bulgaria
- » Maria Gabriel: 'No One in Brussels Knows About the Scandal in Relation to NDK'
- » It is Expected Italy to Confirm its Position About Accepting Bulgaria in Schengen
- » Bulgarian Leaders to Take Place in a Trilateral Summit in Thessaloniki