Gendarmerie Storm Power Distributor CEZ HQ in Sofia
Gendarmerie officers have stormed the premises of power distributor CEZ in Sofia.
There were three gendarmerie cars in front of the power distributor's office on Rakovska Street in Sofia Wednesday at noon.
Earlier on Wednesday, Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov announced that the prosecuting authority was starting inspections at the three power distributors operating in the country, CEZ, EVN, and Energo Pro.
He made clear that the three firms would be inspected by three separate teams of power distributors and tax officials.
Speaking Wednesday at a press conference, Tsatsarov presented the steps taken by the prosecuting authority in connection with the growing public discontent over the high electricity prices.
- » Bulgaria’s National Electric Company Reports BGN 425M Loss in end-Sept
- » Austria's Verbund to Sell Its Wind Farm in Bulgaria
- » Russia Ties Renewal of Supplies to Ukraine's First Chunk of Debt
- » Moscow, Kiev Agree to Renew Gas Flow to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria to Use EU Funding to Implement 5 Energy Projects worth over EUR 4 M
- » Bulgargaz Cuts Gas Supplies to Bulgarian Heating Utilities by 50%