Gendarmerie Storm Power Distributor CEZ HQ in Sofia
Gendarmerie officers have stormed the premises of power distributor CEZ in Sofia.
There were three gendarmerie cars in front of the power distributor's office on Rakovska Street in Sofia Wednesday at noon.
Earlier on Wednesday, Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov announced that the prosecuting authority was starting inspections at the three power distributors operating in the country, CEZ, EVN, and Energo Pro.
He made clear that the three firms would be inspected by three separate teams of power distributors and tax officials.
Speaking Wednesday at a press conference, Tsatsarov presented the steps taken by the prosecuting authority in connection with the growing public discontent over the high electricity prices.
- » Rosatom Vows Regular Nuclear Fuel Supplies despite Ukraine Crisis
- » Bulgaria to Not See Electricity Price Hikes in Years – Socialist MP
- » Bulgaria Has Gas For Two Months
- » Westinghouse to Hire Bulgarian Subcontractors for Kozloduy NPP Unit7
- » Russia's Gazprom Agrees to 15% Gas Price Cut for Greece's DEPA
- » CEZ Denies Allegations of Exporting Profits