Gendarmerie Storm Power Distributor CEZ HQ in Sofia
Gendarmerie officers have stormed the premises of power distributor CEZ in Sofia.
There were three gendarmerie cars in front of the power distributor's office on Rakovska Street in Sofia Wednesday at noon.
Earlier on Wednesday, Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov announced that the prosecuting authority was starting inspections at the three power distributors operating in the country, CEZ, EVN, and Energo Pro.
He made clear that the three firms would be inspected by three separate teams of power distributors and tax officials.
Speaking Wednesday at a press conference, Tsatsarov presented the steps taken by the prosecuting authority in connection with the growing public discontent over the high electricity prices.
- » KEVR: Bulgargaz' Demand for 32% Hike in Gas Prices Is Unjustifiably High
- » Bulgaria 'Seeking South Stream Project Revival'
- » South Stream Project Will Be Carried Out, Russian Official Says
- » EVN, NEK Settle Old, Multi-million Dispute
- » Bulgargaz Demands 32.44% Increase in Gas Prices
- » No Risk of Nuclear Pollution After Blast at French NPP