'Several Dead' in Swiss Shooting
Several people have been killed and seriously injured during a shooting at a factory near the Swiss city of Lucerne, BBC reported, citing police.
The incident happened at the Kronospan wood processing plant in the town of Menznau, police said in a statement.
Swiss media said shooting started in the canteen at around 09:00 (08:00 GMT).
Switzerland has one of the highest rates of gun ownership in the world, but relatively little gun crime.
The Swiss police statement said emergency services were on the scene.
Three helicopters had arrived, the Swiss news website 20minutes said.
It said an emergency telephone line had been set up for families of the factory's employees.
- » Over 10 000 Rescued from Drowning in Mediterranean Sea in Past Week
- » Bulgarian PM: Migrants Have Not Breached Border with Greece
- » Bulgaria Deploys Army to Border with Greece After Two Migrant Groups Detained
- » Macedonia's President Partially Revokes Amnesty in Wiretapping Affair
- » Bulgaria's IntMin Reports Slight Increase in Migrant Pressure on Border with Turkey
- » Western Experts Consider Irina Bokova Among Most Suitable Candidates for UN Chief