'Several Dead' in Swiss Shooting
Several people have been killed and seriously injured during a shooting at a factory near the Swiss city of Lucerne, BBC reported, citing police.
The incident happened at the Kronospan wood processing plant in the town of Menznau, police said in a statement.
Swiss media said shooting started in the canteen at around 09:00 (08:00 GMT).
Switzerland has one of the highest rates of gun ownership in the world, but relatively little gun crime.
The Swiss police statement said emergency services were on the scene.
Three helicopters had arrived, the Swiss news website 20minutes said.
It said an emergency telephone line had been set up for families of the factory's employees.
- » EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn to Visit Macedonia Tuesday
- » False Bomb Threat Fails to Disrupt FIFA Congress
- » Serbian PM Expresses Readiness to Reduce Country's Dependence on Russian Gas
- » Macedonia's Crisis Affecting Entire Region, Zaev Tells Bulgaria PM
- » Cyprus Talks Mark Progress as Presidents Agree to Open Two New Crossings
- » India Heats Death Toll Surpasses 2,000 People