'Several Dead' in Swiss Shooting
Several people have been killed and seriously injured during a shooting at a factory near the Swiss city of Lucerne, BBC reported, citing police.
The incident happened at the Kronospan wood processing plant in the town of Menznau, police said in a statement.
Swiss media said shooting started in the canteen at around 09:00 (08:00 GMT).
Switzerland has one of the highest rates of gun ownership in the world, but relatively little gun crime.
The Swiss police statement said emergency services were on the scene.
Three helicopters had arrived, the Swiss news website 20minutes said.
It said an emergency telephone line had been set up for families of the factory's employees.
- » EU-Turkey Readmission Agreement Enters Into Force
- » New NATO Secretary General Seeks Constructive Relations with Russia
- » 11 Killed, 40 Injured in Ukraine's Donetsk Shelling
- » Spain's Top Court Halts Catalan Independence Referendum
- » Turkish MPs to Decide on Green Light to Syria, Iraq Intervention
- » Caspian Sea Countries Adopt Cooperation Agreement