'Several Dead' in Swiss Shooting
Several people have been killed and seriously injured during a shooting at a factory near the Swiss city of Lucerne, BBC reported, citing police.
The incident happened at the Kronospan wood processing plant in the town of Menznau, police said in a statement.
Swiss media said shooting started in the canteen at around 09:00 (08:00 GMT).
Switzerland has one of the highest rates of gun ownership in the world, but relatively little gun crime.
The Swiss police statement said emergency services were on the scene.
Three helicopters had arrived, the Swiss news website 20minutes said.
It said an emergency telephone line had been set up for families of the factory's employees.
- » 5.2-Magnitude Earthquake Jolts Northern Greece
- » Hungary Mulls Unprecedented Internet Tax
- » European Union to Boost Ebola Research with EUR 24.4M
- » Sweden Ends Search for Suspected Submarine
- » Doctor Back from Africa Tests Positive for Ebola at New York Hospital
- » Ottawa Shooting Suspect Identified as Canadian Islamic Convert Michael Zehaf-Bibeau