'Several Dead' in Swiss Shooting
Several people have been killed and seriously injured during a shooting at a factory near the Swiss city of Lucerne, BBC reported, citing police.
The incident happened at the Kronospan wood processing plant in the town of Menznau, police said in a statement.
Swiss media said shooting started in the canteen at around 09:00 (08:00 GMT).
Switzerland has one of the highest rates of gun ownership in the world, but relatively little gun crime.
The Swiss police statement said emergency services were on the scene.
Three helicopters had arrived, the Swiss news website 20minutes said.
It said an emergency telephone line had been set up for families of the factory's employees.
- » Russia’s Envoy to NATO Warns of ‘Additional Precautions’ in Black Sea Area
- » Istanbul Airport Attackers Were Russian, Uzbek and Kyrgyz, Turkish Official Says
- » Death Toll Rises to 44 in Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport Terror Attack
- » Two Blasts Kill at least 27 Police Cadets in Kabul
- » Turkey Detains 13 Suspects over Istanbul Airport Attack
- » Bulgarian FM Advises Citizens Travelling to Turkey to Register Beforehand