Bulgarian-Italian Tie-In Contracted for Struma Highway Lot 2
Bulgaria will sign a contract on Wednesday with a Bulgarian-Italian tie-in to design and build Lot 2 of the Struma Highway connecting the towns of Dupnitsa and Blagoevgrad.
The 37-km section of the highway is expected to be completed by 2015.
The Bulgarian-Italian Consortium Struma – Lot 2 emerged the most likely winner among a total of three candidates at the bid opening held at the end of last year.
The other four candidates were not allowed to this stage of the tender process.
The bid opening was attended by Lilyana Pavlova, Regional Development Minister, and Lazar Lazarov, Executive Director of the Road Infrastructure Agency.
The top criterion in the tender process was the most economically advantageous bid.
The consortium "Struma – Lot 2" includes "Impresa" JSC, Rome, Italy, "GBS Infrastructural Construction" JSC, Sofia, Bulgaria, and "Patstroy – 92" JSC, Sofia, Bulgaria.
The other two bids which had lower scores were DMH Civil Company, Sofia („Dogus Insaat ve TICARET" JSC, Istanbul, Turkey, „NPO Mostovik" LTD, Omsk, Russia, Hidrostroy JSC , Varna) and "OHL – Trace – Struma II" Union, Sofia ("Trace Group Hold" JSC, Sofia, Bulgaria, "Obraskon Uarte Lain" S.A, Madrid, Spain).
The construction of Lot 2 of the Struma Highway running from Sofia to the Bulgarian-Greek border is scheduled to end in 2015.
- » Labor Costs Increase by 12% by the End of 2017
- » The American University in Bulgaria Organizes a Conference on Entrepreneurship
- » What is the Future of Real Estate in Sofia?
- » Sudan, World's Last Male Northern White Rhino, Dies
- » Belgian Far-Right Politician Accuses Muslims of Creating Tension
- » Turkey Insists 'Won't Stay' in Syria's Afrin