Sofia Police Detain Drunk Man Waving Gas Pistol in front of President's Office
Police have detained a young man carrying a pistol and a knife in front of the President's Office in downtown Sofia.
Tihomir Dobrev, 29, was arrested Tuesday in front of the President's Office with a gas pistol Ekol Major, a Swiss Army knife, and a 700ml bottle of vodka.
According to reports of the BGNES news agency, the man was visibly drunk.
He is reported to have headed for the entrance of the President's Office during an ongoing session of the Consultative Council on National Security, taking out the gas pistol a few meters in front of the guards.
While he was being arrested, Dobrev reportedly hurled accusations at President Rosen Plevneliev.
Dobrev is cited by Sega daily as saying that he intended to threaten the President.
After speaking to journalists, the man was taken away by police officers.
- » Bulgarian Police Arrests Sofia Store Armed Robbers
- » Armed Robbers of Sofia Store Now Established
- » Bulgaria Police Detain 2 Endangered Turtle Eaters
- » New Armed Robbery Taped in Sofia, Released on Facebook
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize Estimated BGN 15 M Worth of Smuggled Anabolic Steroids
- » Police Dismantle Criminal Group Stealing Luxury Cars in Bulgaria