Sofia Police Detain Drunk Man Waving Gas Pistol in front of President's Office
Police have detained a young man carrying a pistol and a knife in front of the President's Office in downtown Sofia.
Tihomir Dobrev, 29, was arrested Tuesday in front of the President's Office with a gas pistol Ekol Major, a Swiss Army knife, and a 700ml bottle of vodka.
According to reports of the BGNES news agency, the man was visibly drunk.
He is reported to have headed for the entrance of the President's Office during an ongoing session of the Consultative Council on National Security, taking out the gas pistol a few meters in front of the guards.
While he was being arrested, Dobrev reportedly hurled accusations at President Rosen Plevneliev.
Dobrev is cited by Sega daily as saying that he intended to threaten the President.
After speaking to journalists, the man was taken away by police officers.
- » A Case About a Brutal Murder was Solved in Just Few Hours
- » Spain Accused Shakira of Tax Evasion
- » Bulgaria Joins 'International Operation' Against the Digital Currency Investment Scheme OneCoin
- » Jewelry Studio in Burgas was Blown up
- » Terrorists Attacked a Hotel in Kabul
- » Teenager Rushed into a Russian School with an Axe and Lit it on Fire (Video)