Bulgaria's National Security Body to Investigate 'Dogan's Threat against Borisov'
Bulgaria's Prosecutor's Office has assigned the State National Security Company DANS with the task of investigating reports that Ahmed Dogan, ex leader of Bulgaria's ethnic Turkish party DPS, ordered the assassination of outgoing Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
The investigation was assigned by the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office, the prosecution press center announced Tuesday.
DANS is supposed to figure out whether the security and intelligence services had any information about a Dogan plot against Borisov but also on whether that information might have been classified, and whether rules on protection of classified information might have been broken.
The Sofia City Prosecutor's Office acted upon a report by Dogan's successor as DPS chair, Lyutvi Mestan.
Mestan made it clear recently he would make sure that the authorities investigate the statements of Bulgaria's resigning Prime Minister Boyko Borisov regarding information received by the National Intelligence Service about a plot against ordered by Ahmed Dogan.
Mestan sent the report to President Rosen Plevneliev, who submitted a copy to Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov, who in turn sent it to the respective authority, the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office.
- » BSP Leader Ninova: Borisov's Government Prepares Ethnic Change in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Kids Spend 80% of Time on Internet
- » Plovdiv Appellate Court Confirms Ruling To Dismiss Chief City Architect Rusev
- » Exacta Research: GERB Remains Leading Political Force
- » Migrant Pressure in Bulgaria Reaches Critical Point
- » Financial Supervision Commission Plans Increase in Taxes Paid By Non-Banking Sector