Bulgaria's National Security Body to Investigate 'Dogan's Threat against Borisov'
Bulgaria's Prosecutor's Office has assigned the State National Security Company DANS with the task of investigating reports that Ahmed Dogan, ex leader of Bulgaria's ethnic Turkish party DPS, ordered the assassination of outgoing Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
The investigation was assigned by the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office, the prosecution press center announced Tuesday.
DANS is supposed to figure out whether the security and intelligence services had any information about a Dogan plot against Borisov but also on whether that information might have been classified, and whether rules on protection of classified information might have been broken.
The Sofia City Prosecutor's Office acted upon a report by Dogan's successor as DPS chair, Lyutvi Mestan.
Mestan made it clear recently he would make sure that the authorities investigate the statements of Bulgaria's resigning Prime Minister Boyko Borisov regarding information received by the National Intelligence Service about a plot against ordered by Ahmed Dogan.
Mestan sent the report to President Rosen Plevneliev, who submitted a copy to Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov, who in turn sent it to the respective authority, the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office.
- » First LGBTI Association was Found at Sofia University
- » Freedom House: Bulgaria is a Free Country, but the Media - Not Quite
- » A Renovated Apartment Building in Bourgas is Leaking
- » Sofia Municipality Launches More Buses to Vitosha
- » New Scandal Gaining Momentum - Neno Dimov has Written off 10 Decares of Vitosha Park
- » The Streets in Sofia are Treated Against Ice