Bulgaria's Metropolitan Joseph Quits
Metropolitan Joseph, the head of the Bulgarian Eastern Orthodox Diocese of the USA, Canada, and Australia, has resigned, according to Bulgarian media.
According to the Trud daily, Joseph wants to return to his home country and has already picked his successor.
Bulgarian Holy Synod sources have told dnevnik.bg that Joseph has considered withdrawing from the post for a while now.
Metropolitan Jospeh is very close with newly elected Bulgarian Orthodox Patriarch Neofit and is likely to head his office.
The news about Neofit's election was announced Sunday by interim Patriarch and Sofia Metropolitan, Kiril. Bulgaria's Patriarch Maxim, who led the Church since 1971, passed away on November 6, 2012, at the age of 98.
- » NIMH: Rains Expected, Thunders and Hails are Possible
- » Daily Express Says Varna is ''a Slice of Black Sea Nirvana'
- » Two Women were Beaten Near the City Center of Sofia
- » First Nudist Fine on 'Dolphin Beach' Near Ahtopol
- » Around 40% of Russians Believe Global Warming is not Real
- » 'Urban Mobility Center' Sofia to Rent Three Electric Cars for BGN 48,000