Bulgaria's Kyustendil Declares Emergency Situation
The mayor of the Western Buglarian city of Kyustendil, Petar Paunov, has declared an emergency situation.
This decision has resulted from the ongoing torrential rains, and the rising level of the Bistritsa river, which is about to overflow and flood the municipality.
According to Paunov, the Bistritsa river is about to destroy a bridge that was rebuilt two years ago.
The local authorities have employed sandbags and are bringing in truckloads of concrete waste in order to try to contain the river waters from causing a large-scale flood.
Kyustendil is a mountain city on the Western Bulgarian border which has seen a lot of precipitation in the past couple of weeks.
- » MIHALKOVO: the Only Company For Naturally Aerated Water in Bulgaria
- » Earth Hour Campaign Will be Marked For The 10th Time
- » Vernal Equinox: First Day of Spring 2017
- » Malyovitsa Hut Awarded Best Tourist Chalet of 2016
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Bulgaria's Govt Reverses Controversial National Park Plans