Romanian Women Caught Smuggling Gold in Underwear on Bulgaria-Turkey Border
Customs officers from Bulgaria's Kapital Andreevo border crossing point have caught two Romanian women smuggling gold in their underwear.
The two women from the Romanian town of Satu Mare were travelling on a bus from Istanbul to Bucharest when they were randomly selected for searching.
One of the women had 500 grams of gold decorations in her underwear, and the other one – 400 grams, adding up to almost a kilogram.
The two Romanian women were found to be smuggling a total of 73 pairs of earrings, 61 necklaces, 46 rings, 31 bracelets, and 14 medallions.
The almost kilogram of 14-carrat gold was found to be worth BGN 56 833, the Customs Agency announced.
- » Bulgaria Govt Confirms Arrest of French National en Route to Turkey
- » French National Detained in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry Reports Successful Operation Against Cigarette Smugglers
- » Sarafovo Attack: Bulgarian Court Fails to Launch Trial
- » Bulgarian-Australian National Detained over Terrorism 'Sympathized with IS'
- » Syrian Man Shot Near Central Sofia 'Involved in People Smuggling'