Romanian Women Caught Smuggling Gold in Underwear on Bulgaria-Turkey Border
Customs officers from Bulgaria's Kapital Andreevo border crossing point have caught two Romanian women smuggling gold in their underwear.
The two women from the Romanian town of Satu Mare were travelling on a bus from Istanbul to Bucharest when they were randomly selected for searching.
One of the women had 500 grams of gold decorations in her underwear, and the other one – 400 grams, adding up to almost a kilogram.
The two Romanian women were found to be smuggling a total of 73 pairs of earrings, 61 necklaces, 46 rings, 31 bracelets, and 14 medallions.
The almost kilogram of 14-carrat gold was found to be worth BGN 56 833, the Customs Agency announced.
- » Irish Revenue Seize over 18,000 Smuggled Cigarettes Originating from Bulgaria, Ukraine
- » Homeless Person Accused for Fire in Plovdiv's Tobacco Warehouse
- » Bulgaria Charges Four Afghans with Attempted Smuggling of 29 Syrian Migrants from Turkey
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 13 Irregular Migrants on Trakia Motorway
- » Former Road Infrastructure Agency Chief found innocent in scandalous court case
- » Bulgaria to Turn over Mourad Hamyd to France