Romanian Women Caught Smuggling Gold in Underwear on Bulgaria-Turkey Border
Customs officers from Bulgaria's Kapital Andreevo border crossing point have caught two Romanian women smuggling gold in their underwear.
The two women from the Romanian town of Satu Mare were travelling on a bus from Istanbul to Bucharest when they were randomly selected for searching.
One of the women had 500 grams of gold decorations in her underwear, and the other one – 400 grams, adding up to almost a kilogram.
The two Romanian women were found to be smuggling a total of 73 pairs of earrings, 61 necklaces, 46 rings, 31 bracelets, and 14 medallions.
The almost kilogram of 14-carrat gold was found to be worth BGN 56 833, the Customs Agency announced.
- » Automobile Administration Agency Officials from Pleven Charged with Abuse of Office
- » Municipal Officials in Brezovo Charged over Pension Fund Fraud Scheme
- » Bulgarian Hacker Gets 30-Month Jail Term in US
- » Second Instance Confirms Jail Term For Ahmed Dogan's Attacker
- » Varna Court Asked to Extradite Convicted Drug Smuggler to Germany
- » Deputy Mayor, Municipal Secretary, Banking Official Arrested over Pension Scheme Fraud