15 Youth Arrested for Hooliganism during Latest Protests in Sofia
The police in Bulgaria's capital Sofia have detained 15 youth, including 6 underage teens, on hooliganism charges during Monday night's protests against monopoly power utilities and the already resigned Borisov Cabinet.
Some of the youngsters were found to have been carrying masks and prohibited items, and most, inlcuding four of the underage ones, were found to have had criminal records, the police said.
All of those who were underage were turned over to their parents. The prohibitted items the police seized included bottle openers, penknives, a gas pistol.
- » Bomb Threats Close All Banks in Bulgaria's Razgrad
- » Embezzelement Trial against Bulgarian Consultancy Head Suspended
- » Man Who Joked about Bomb on Polish Plane Released on Bail
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Arrest of Polish Man over Plane Bomb 'Joke'
- » EU Sofia Heating Utility Boss Gets Final 3-Year Sentence
- » Controversial Bulgarian Judge Dismissed