15 Youth Arrested for Hooliganism during Latest Protests in Sofia
The police in Bulgaria's capital Sofia have detained 15 youth, including 6 underage teens, on hooliganism charges during Monday night's protests against monopoly power utilities and the already resigned Borisov Cabinet.
Some of the youngsters were found to have been carrying masks and prohibited items, and most, inlcuding four of the underage ones, were found to have had criminal records, the police said.
All of those who were underage were turned over to their parents. The prohibitted items the police seized included bottle openers, penknives, a gas pistol.
- » Shooting at Bus in Sofia Breaks Windows, Nobody Hurt
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Spy Chief Faces New Embezzlement Charges
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Formally Indicted over Abuse of Office
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Removing Plovdiv Mayor
- » Five Bulgarian Customs Officers to Remain in Custody
- » Bulgaria's IntMin 'Has No Info' on Int'l People Smuggling Ring Busted by Turkey