15 Youth Arrested for Hooliganism during Latest Protests in Sofia
The police in Bulgaria's capital Sofia have detained 15 youth, including 6 underage teens, on hooliganism charges during Monday night's protests against monopoly power utilities and the already resigned Borisov Cabinet.
Some of the youngsters were found to have been carrying masks and prohibited items, and most, inlcuding four of the underage ones, were found to have had criminal records, the police said.
All of those who were underage were turned over to their parents. The prohibitted items the police seized included bottle openers, penknives, a gas pistol.
- » BGN 8M Drained by Credit Card Skimmers in 2013
- » Court Halts 'Lost Files' Trial Against Bulgarian ex-Socialist Leader
- » US to Extradite to Bulgaria Convicted Human Smuggler
- » Four Bulgarians Busted in Greece for Fake Money Distribution
- » 44-Year-Old Bulgarian Faces 10 Years in Jail in Austria for Drug Trafficking
- » Police Bust 2 Meth Labs, Cannabis Greenhouse in Sofia