15 Youth Arrested for Hooliganism during Latest Protests in Sofia
The police in Bulgaria's capital Sofia have detained 15 youth, including 6 underage teens, on hooliganism charges during Monday night's protests against monopoly power utilities and the already resigned Borisov Cabinet.
Some of the youngsters were found to have been carrying masks and prohibited items, and most, inlcuding four of the underage ones, were found to have had criminal records, the police said.
All of those who were underage were turned over to their parents. The prohibitted items the police seized included bottle openers, penknives, a gas pistol.
- » KTB's CEO, Chief Accountant Interrogated Again in Embezzlement Probe
- » Milan Court Upholds 20-Year Jail Term for Alleged Bulgarian Drug Lord
- » Varna Regional Mayor Released on Bail
- » Chief Cashier of Bulgaria’s Corpbank Released on Bail
- » Bulgaria Seizes 16kg Heroin at Border with Turkey
- » Policeman Investigated For Allegedly Stealing Aid For Flood Victims