Italy's Center-Left Bloc Said to Be Ahead in Polls
Pier Luigi Bersani's center-left bloc is leading the race for both houses of Italy's Parliament, according to early exit polls from the country's general election.
Initial results as polls closed suggested Bersani's alliance had taken around 34% of the vote, ahead of Silvio Berlusconi's centre-right group on about 29%.
Beppe Grillo's protest movement took nearly 20%, the polls said, according to BBC.
The two-day vote is seen as crucial for efforts to tackle Italy's economic problems, as well as for the eurozone.
- » New Greek Govt Objects to EU Call for Further Sanctions on Russia
- » Gazprom Plans to Start Pumping Gas to Turkey via New Pipeline in Dec 2016
- » SYRIZA Determined to Seek Renegotiation of Greek Debt
- » World Commemorates Victims of Holocaust, Liberation of Auschwitz
- » Ukraine Declares State of Emergency in Donbass
- » S&P Downgrades Russia's Credit Rating to `Junk`