Italy's Center-Left Bloc Said to Be Ahead in Polls
Pier Luigi Bersani's center-left bloc is leading the race for both houses of Italy's Parliament, according to early exit polls from the country's general election.
Initial results as polls closed suggested Bersani's alliance had taken around 34% of the vote, ahead of Silvio Berlusconi's centre-right group on about 29%.
Beppe Grillo's protest movement took nearly 20%, the polls said, according to BBC.
The two-day vote is seen as crucial for efforts to tackle Italy's economic problems, as well as for the eurozone.
- » Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting North Korea's Trading Partners
- » North Korea may Consider H-bomb Test in Pacific
- » Nearly 2,800 Migrants have Arrived in Greece so Far this Month
- » Kosovo Gives Up Bid to join Interpol
- » EU Says Wants Clear Brexit Commitments From Britain
- » Catalonia Аhead of Мore Planned Protests by Referendum Supporters