Italy's Center-Left Bloc Said to Be Ahead in Polls
Pier Luigi Bersani's center-left bloc is leading the race for both houses of Italy's Parliament, according to early exit polls from the country's general election.
Initial results as polls closed suggested Bersani's alliance had taken around 34% of the vote, ahead of Silvio Berlusconi's centre-right group on about 29%.
Beppe Grillo's protest movement took nearly 20%, the polls said, according to BBC.
The two-day vote is seen as crucial for efforts to tackle Italy's economic problems, as well as for the eurozone.
- » Another Lenin Statue Toppled in Ukraine
- » Crowds, Dignitaries Gather for Mandela Memorial Service
- » Scores Injured in Crackdown on Kiev Pro-EU Rally
- » Police Start Dismantling Protest Camps in Kiev
- » Ukrainian Opposition Party HQ Stormed by Police - Report
- » EU’s Barroso Declares Solidarity with Ukrainians