Italy's Center-Left Bloc Said to Be Ahead in Polls
Pier Luigi Bersani's center-left bloc is leading the race for both houses of Italy's Parliament, according to early exit polls from the country's general election.
Initial results as polls closed suggested Bersani's alliance had taken around 34% of the vote, ahead of Silvio Berlusconi's centre-right group on about 29%.
Beppe Grillo's protest movement took nearly 20%, the polls said, according to BBC.
The two-day vote is seen as crucial for efforts to tackle Italy's economic problems, as well as for the eurozone.
- » Kazakhstan Reelects President Nazarbayev for Fifth Term
- » Turkish Foreign Ministry Summons Bulgarian Ambassador on 'Mass Killings' of Armenians
- » Young Bulgarian Missing after Nepal Earthquake
- » Nepal Death Toll Surpasses 3200
- » Nepal Deals with Earthquake Aftermath
- » World Commemorates 29 Years since Chernobyl Disaster