Italy's Center-Left Bloc Said to Be Ahead in Polls
Pier Luigi Bersani's center-left bloc is leading the race for both houses of Italy's Parliament, according to early exit polls from the country's general election.
Initial results as polls closed suggested Bersani's alliance had taken around 34% of the vote, ahead of Silvio Berlusconi's centre-right group on about 29%.
Beppe Grillo's protest movement took nearly 20%, the polls said, according to BBC.
The two-day vote is seen as crucial for efforts to tackle Italy's economic problems, as well as for the eurozone.
- » EU to Extend Support to Farmers over Russia Food Ban by One Year
- » Blast in Skopje Damages Three Cars, No Injuries
- » Turkish Soldiers Killed in PKK Attack, Army Says
- » Investigation to Confirm Whether Debris Found in Indian Ocean Part of Missing MH370
- » Russia Vetoes UN Resolution for Setting Tribunal on MH17 Disaster
- » Turkey Formally Opens Incirlik Air Base for Coalition Strikes on IS