Italy's Center-Left Bloc Said to Be Ahead in Polls
Pier Luigi Bersani's center-left bloc is leading the race for both houses of Italy's Parliament, according to early exit polls from the country's general election.
Initial results as polls closed suggested Bersani's alliance had taken around 34% of the vote, ahead of Silvio Berlusconi's centre-right group on about 29%.
Beppe Grillo's protest movement took nearly 20%, the polls said, according to BBC.
The two-day vote is seen as crucial for efforts to tackle Italy's economic problems, as well as for the eurozone.
- » CoE: Grey Economy Results in Losses of EUR 40 B per year in Romania
- » Slovenia Re-Launches Privatization of 15 State-Owned Companies
- » Russia Forced to Pay USD 50 B to Former Yukos Owners
- » Romania, US to Launch Observation Flights over Russia, Belarus
- » Greek Civil Servants to Stage Strike in Athens
- » Hamas Agrees to New 24-Hour Ceasefire in Gaza