Italy's Center-Left Bloc Said to Be Ahead in Polls
Pier Luigi Bersani's center-left bloc is leading the race for both houses of Italy's Parliament, according to early exit polls from the country's general election.
Initial results as polls closed suggested Bersani's alliance had taken around 34% of the vote, ahead of Silvio Berlusconi's centre-right group on about 29%.
Beppe Grillo's protest movement took nearly 20%, the polls said, according to BBC.
The two-day vote is seen as crucial for efforts to tackle Italy's economic problems, as well as for the eurozone.
- » Voting Of Turks Abroad in Constitutional Referendum Begins
- » Turkish Media on Bulgaria's Snap Elections
- » Trump Hands Merkel USD 375 B Bill
- » Le Pen: EU Will Die, Globalists Will Be Defeated
- » Albania Makes Public State Security Files From Hoxha's Regime
- » Wall Street Journal: Defeated Socialists Force GERB To Adopt Milder Stance on Russia