Sofia Police Arrest 30 in Rally Aftermath
Thirty people have been detained in the Bulgarian capital Sofia after the official conclusion of the mass protest rally held Sunday.
Thousands took on the streets in Sofia and across Bulgaria, protesting against the political model, unbearable utility bills and wide-spread poverty.
The detainees have disrupted public order in calling on other demonstrators to block the key intersection of "Patriarch Evtimiy" boulevard and "Graf Ignatiev" street in downtown Sofia.
They have also shouted obscenities and have made explicit signs to riot police. Some were found to have been carrying knuckles, knifes and homemade explosives.
Six have been taken to the 4th police precinct; 24 are in the 1st one.
- » Ex Bulgarian Public Official Gets 2 Years in Jail for Leaking Wiretapping Data
- » Bulgarian Court Increases Prison Sentence of Pazardzhik Imam over Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgaria Police Detain 35 Migrants in Downtown Sofia
- » Bulgaria Seizes 5.6 Kg Heroin at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarians Arrested in UK over Drug Trafficking
- » Over 500 Bulgarians Become Trafficking Victims A Year