Sofia Police Arrest 30 in Rally Aftermath
Thirty people have been detained in the Bulgarian capital Sofia after the official conclusion of the mass protest rally held Sunday.
Thousands took on the streets in Sofia and across Bulgaria, protesting against the political model, unbearable utility bills and wide-spread poverty.
The detainees have disrupted public order in calling on other demonstrators to block the key intersection of "Patriarch Evtimiy" boulevard and "Graf Ignatiev" street in downtown Sofia.
They have also shouted obscenities and have made explicit signs to riot police. Some were found to have been carrying knuckles, knifes and homemade explosives.
Six have been taken to the 4th police precinct; 24 are in the 1st one.
- » Bulgarian National Sought in Interpol Anti-Smuggling Operation
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Crime Group Making Fake Identity Documents
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Illegal Distillery in Monastery in Pomorie
- » IntMin: 424 Organised Crime Groups Operate in Bulgaria
- » Armed Robbery of Office Takes Place in Sofia
- » Bulgaria’s Top Prosecutor Asks for More Staff at Border to Cope with Migration Pressure