Sofia Police Arrest 30 in Rally Aftermath
Thirty people have been detained in the Bulgarian capital Sofia after the official conclusion of the mass protest rally held Sunday.
Thousands took on the streets in Sofia and across Bulgaria, protesting against the political model, unbearable utility bills and wide-spread poverty.
The detainees have disrupted public order in calling on other demonstrators to block the key intersection of "Patriarch Evtimiy" boulevard and "Graf Ignatiev" street in downtown Sofia.
They have also shouted obscenities and have made explicit signs to riot police. Some were found to have been carrying knuckles, knifes and homemade explosives.
Six have been taken to the 4th police precinct; 24 are in the 1st one.
- » Automobile Administration Agency Officials from Pleven Charged with Abuse of Office
- » Municipal Officials in Brezovo Charged over Pension Fund Fraud Scheme
- » Bulgarian Hacker Gets 30-Month Jail Term in US
- » Second Instance Confirms Jail Term For Ahmed Dogan's Attacker
- » Varna Court Asked to Extradite Convicted Drug Smuggler to Germany
- » Deputy Mayor, Municipal Secretary, Banking Official Arrested over Pension Scheme Fraud