New Bulgarian Patriarch Serves 1st Liturgy
The new Bulgarian Patriarch and Sofia Metropolitan Neofit will serve his first solemn mass Monday after his election by the Holy Synod and official enthronement one day earlier.
Neofit, formerly a Ruse Metropolitan, prevailed over two other candidates at runoff.
The other two were the Stara Zagora metropolitan Galaktion, and Lovech's Gavriil.
The procession of senior clergy of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church from the building of the Holy Synod to the Alexander Nevsky cathedral, led by Neofit, started at 9 am.
The holy liturgy begins at 9:30 am. A small reception will be held later at the Holy Synod building.
Neofit will be meeting with the President, the Speaker of the Parliament, the outgoing Prime Minister, and other officials on Tuesday.
- » Two Earthquakes Measuring 3.3, 3.9 on Richter Scale Registered in SE Bulgaria
- » Subway Trains to Sofia Airport Start Running at 1 pm on April 2
- » Access to Key Bulgarian Government Websites Restored
- » Fire Breaks out in Central London, 2,000 People Evacuated
- » Key Bulgarian Government Websites Blocked
- » French Officials Deny Video Footage Found at Germanwings Plane Crash Site