Light Earthquake Registered in SW Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.1 points on the Richter scale has been registered in southwestern Bulgaria Sunday evening.
According to the Geophysics Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 25 km, located near the southwestern town of Dupnitsa.
The tremor was registered at 21:14 pm. There are no reports of casualties or damage. The shock was not felt by local residents.
- » Abundant Rainfall Causes Flooding in Bulgaria's Kazanlak
- » Earthquake near Sandanski Jolts Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Heavy Rains, Thunderstorms Expected in Western Bulgaria on Friday
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Issues Rain, Thunderstorm Warning
- » Divers Get 1 T of Waste Out of Waters Near St Anastasia Island
- » State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria’s Northwest Due to Overflowing Dams