Light Earthquake Registered in SW Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.1 points on the Richter scale has been registered in southwestern Bulgaria Sunday evening.
According to the Geophysics Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 25 km, located near the southwestern town of Dupnitsa.
The tremor was registered at 21:14 pm. There are no reports of casualties or damage. The shock was not felt by local residents.
- » Yellow Code for Heat in 16 Regions, Thunders Expected in 10
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Sunny, Max. Temperatures Between 26° and 31°
- » NIMH: Rains with Thunders Over Eastern and Southwestern Regions, Max Temperatures 26°-31°
- » Seismologists Do Not Expect New Strong Quakes in Greece and Turkey