Anti-bank Rally Held in Sofia amidst 2 Other Protests
Demonstrators have gathered in the capital Sofia Sunday in a protest against the abuse of clients on the part of Bulgarian banks.
The rally, which is the third one for the day, is held in front of the building of the Central Bank, BNB.
The demonstrators are calling for the ousting of the Bank's governor, Ivan Iskrov, over the inadequate policies of the Central Bank, leading to mass violations in the Credit Institutions Act.
Other demands include a ban on changing interest rates and other terms of the loans singlehandedly by the banks, transparency in forming interest rates and in loan granting criteria, passing a law on filing personal bankruptcy, a mechanism for out-of-court protection of customers, and stronger control of BNB on banks.
- » Bulgaria's Smoking Ban Debate To Be Rekindled Again
- » Bulgaria's Unemployment Rates Remain Unchanged in Feb 2014 - Stats
- » Bulgaria Commemorates 71 Years of Rescue of Jews
- » Dream Theater To Play in Sofia
- » Brits Saved in Bulgaria's Pirin Mountain Rescue Operation
- » Code Yellow Issued in 15 Bulgarian Districts