Anti-bank Rally Held in Sofia amidst 2 Other Protests
Demonstrators have gathered in the capital Sofia Sunday in a protest against the abuse of clients on the part of Bulgarian banks.
The rally, which is the third one for the day, is held in front of the building of the Central Bank, BNB.
The demonstrators are calling for the ousting of the Bank's governor, Ivan Iskrov, over the inadequate policies of the Central Bank, leading to mass violations in the Credit Institutions Act.
Other demands include a ban on changing interest rates and other terms of the loans singlehandedly by the banks, transparency in forming interest rates and in loan granting criteria, passing a law on filing personal bankruptcy, a mechanism for out-of-court protection of customers, and stronger control of BNB on banks.
- » Landslide Stops Traffic in Bulgaria's Kresna Gorge
- » Dub FX to Present His Brand New Live Show in Sofia
- » Bugaria MPs Trade Punches over Claims of 'pro-US Stance'
- » Suspect Held on Murder Charge in Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo
- » 62 % of Bulgarians Oppose Issue of New BGN 16 B Debt – Survey
- » CIA: Bulgarian Population is Less Than 7 Million People