Anti-bank Rally Held in Sofia amidst 2 Other Protests
Demonstrators have gathered in the capital Sofia Sunday in a protest against the abuse of clients on the part of Bulgarian banks.
The rally, which is the third one for the day, is held in front of the building of the Central Bank, BNB.
The demonstrators are calling for the ousting of the Bank's governor, Ivan Iskrov, over the inadequate policies of the Central Bank, leading to mass violations in the Credit Institutions Act.
Other demands include a ban on changing interest rates and other terms of the loans singlehandedly by the banks, transparency in forming interest rates and in loan granting criteria, passing a law on filing personal bankruptcy, a mechanism for out-of-court protection of customers, and stronger control of BNB on banks.
- » Three-Day Bulgarian Tourist Fair Opens Doors in Paris
- » Fire Causes Death of Two People in Downtown Sofia
- » No Risk for Bulgaria from Forest Fires Around Ukraine’s Chernobyl
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to US Says Was Subject to Hack Attack
- » NGO Threatens to Sue Bulgaria over Forced Demolition of Homes in Roma District of Garmen
- » Two Bulgarian Ad Agencies Nominated in Cannes Lions Festival