Sofia Mayor Rules Out Becoming Caretaker PM
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova has refuted rumors that she may be appointed as Bulgaria's caretaker Prime Minister.
"I have enough work to do as Mayor of Sofia," Fandakova told reporters on Friday.
She also noted that President Rosen Plevneliev has not offered her to become caretaker PM.
Commenting on Prime Minister Boyko Borisov's surprising resignation, the Sofia Mayor described it as a "very responsible" move.
The breaking news about Borisov's resignation came in the aftermath of large-scale protests across the country against high utility bills, leading to clashes with riot police with many injuries and vandalism.
- » Georgy Gergov Resigned From BSP
- » The BSP’s Plenary Session Аrgue if The Fall of Gergov is Part of The Current Political Scene
- » BSP Party Wants Georgy Gergov To Resign
- » President Rumen Radev: The Information About The Water in Haskovo Is Hidden, The Situation Is Reminiscent of Chernobyl Syndrome
- » Caretaker PM Explains Cabinet Personnel Changes
- » DPS Deputy Kamen Kostadinov Leaves The Parliament