Sofia Mayor Rules Out Becoming Caretaker PM
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova has refuted rumors that she may be appointed as Bulgaria's caretaker Prime Minister.
"I have enough work to do as Mayor of Sofia," Fandakova told reporters on Friday.
She also noted that President Rosen Plevneliev has not offered her to become caretaker PM.
Commenting on Prime Minister Boyko Borisov's surprising resignation, the Sofia Mayor described it as a "very responsible" move.
The breaking news about Borisov's resignation came in the aftermath of large-scale protests across the country against high utility bills, leading to clashes with riot police with many injuries and vandalism.
- » New Road Repairs in Sofia
- » From Tomorrow Vitinya Tunnel to Sofia will be Closed for Repairs
- » Bulgaria Continues to Return to Turkey Asylum Seekers
- » Bulgaria, Greece, Romania and Croatia will help the European Integration of the Western Balkans
- » At least 4 Migrants Die as Boat Capsizes in Black Sea
- » Bulgarian President: 'Fight Against Corruption Must be Uncompromising'