Sofia Mayor Rules Out Becoming Caretaker PM
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova has refuted rumors that she may be appointed as Bulgaria's caretaker Prime Minister.
"I have enough work to do as Mayor of Sofia," Fandakova told reporters on Friday.
She also noted that President Rosen Plevneliev has not offered her to become caretaker PM.
Commenting on Prime Minister Boyko Borisov's surprising resignation, the Sofia Mayor described it as a "very responsible" move.
The breaking news about Borisov's resignation came in the aftermath of large-scale protests across the country against high utility bills, leading to clashes with riot police with many injuries and vandalism.
- » Bulgaria to Spend BGN 31.5 M on Repairing Second-, Third-Class Roads
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Mark 135th Anniversary of Tarnovo Constitution
- » Parliament Finally Overturns Audit Office Act Veto
- » Bomb Signal Alerts Sofia Courthouse
- » Ex-President Parvanov: Early Elections Are Pressing
- » Bulgarian President Vetoes Amendments to Agricultural Land Act