Sofia Mayor Rules Out Becoming Caretaker PM
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova has refuted rumors that she may be appointed as Bulgaria's caretaker Prime Minister.
"I have enough work to do as Mayor of Sofia," Fandakova told reporters on Friday.
She also noted that President Rosen Plevneliev has not offered her to become caretaker PM.
Commenting on Prime Minister Boyko Borisov's surprising resignation, the Sofia Mayor described it as a "very responsible" move.
The breaking news about Borisov's resignation came in the aftermath of large-scale protests across the country against high utility bills, leading to clashes with riot police with many injuries and vandalism.
- » Bulgaria's Interior Ministry to Try to Defuse Tensions in Garmen Village
- » Bulgaria's Main Ruling Party GERB Proposes Referendum alongside Elections
- » Bulgarian Border Police Officer Detained for Trafficking of Immigrants
- » Romania's Monica Macovei to Discuss Anti-Corruption Practices in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain Three Migrant Traffickers in Sofia
- » Kapitan Andreevo Border Crossing Switches to Card Payments Only for Toll Fees as of June