Sofia Mayor Rules Out Becoming Caretaker PM
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova has refuted rumors that she may be appointed as Bulgaria's caretaker Prime Minister.
"I have enough work to do as Mayor of Sofia," Fandakova told reporters on Friday.
She also noted that President Rosen Plevneliev has not offered her to become caretaker PM.
Commenting on Prime Minister Boyko Borisov's surprising resignation, the Sofia Mayor described it as a "very responsible" move.
The breaking news about Borisov's resignation came in the aftermath of large-scale protests across the country against high utility bills, leading to clashes with riot police with many injuries and vandalism.
- » Bulgaria's Minimum Wage Remains BGN 340 Next Year
- » Tanya Raykovska Elected Interim Chair of Bulgaria’s Supreme Court of Cassation
- » Bulgaria PM to Oversee State Security, Deputy PMs Get Coordinative Functions
- » Judicial Council Moves to Elect Chair of Supreme Court of Cassation
- » Patriotic Front Backtracks on Ultimatum to Bulgarian Gov't
- » Nationalist Party NFSB May Withdraw Confidence in Govt in 24 Hours