Landslide Closes Bulgaria's Main Road to Greece
Bulgaria's main road, E-79 to the border with Greece is closed Friday in the vicinity of the Kresna Gorge over a landslide covering the pavement with rocks.
Several teams are taking part in the cleaning effort.
The only possible detour is through the site known as Papaz Chair, but it is not recommended since it would make the trip much longer.
The rocks fell around 1 am Friday. There are no reported injuries.
The road should reopen later in the day, authorities say.
- » Bulgaria to Have Another Sunny Summer Day on Friday
- » Bulgaria, Germany Sign Agreement on Implementing Innovative Environmental Projects
- » Black Sea Coast Nature Conservation Has Overwhelming Support among Bulgarians - Survey
- » Most of Bulgaria under Alert for Hot Weather on Monday
- » 3.1-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Bulgaria’s Petrich
- » Torrential Rain, Overflowing Rivers Flood Houses, Roads Across Bulgaria