Landslide Closes Bulgaria's Main Road to Greece
Bulgaria's main road, E-79 to the border with Greece is closed Friday in the vicinity of the Kresna Gorge over a landslide covering the pavement with rocks.
Several teams are taking part in the cleaning effort.
The only possible detour is through the site known as Papaz Chair, but it is not recommended since it would make the trip much longer.
The rocks fell around 1 am Friday. There are no reported injuries.
The road should reopen later in the day, authorities say.
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd Worldwide In Terms Of Deats Due To Air Pollution
- » Extreme Risk of Fire in 5 Bulgarian Regions on Sunday
- » Extreme Risk of Fire Declared in 10 Bulgarian Regions
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday