Landslide Closes Bulgaria's Main Road to Greece
Bulgaria's main road, E-79 to the border with Greece is closed Friday in the vicinity of the Kresna Gorge over a landslide covering the pavement with rocks.
Several teams are taking part in the cleaning effort.
The only possible detour is through the site known as Papaz Chair, but it is not recommended since it would make the trip much longer.
The rocks fell around 1 am Friday. There are no reported injuries.
The road should reopen later in the day, authorities say.
- » March to Begin with Spring-Like Temperatures after Cold Snap
- » Bulgarian Oak Ranks High in European Tree of Year Contest
- » Bulgaria May Lose Funding Under Two Eco Projects
- » Free Public Transport Options to Be Discussed in Days - Sofia Mayor
- » Bulgaria among World's Most Toxic Countries - Study
- » Bulgaria Braces for New Cold Snap on Tuesday