Landslide Closes Bulgaria's Main Road to Greece
Bulgaria's main road, E-79 to the border with Greece is closed Friday in the vicinity of the Kresna Gorge over a landslide covering the pavement with rocks.
Several teams are taking part in the cleaning effort.
The only possible detour is through the site known as Papaz Chair, but it is not recommended since it would make the trip much longer.
The rocks fell around 1 am Friday. There are no reported injuries.
The road should reopen later in the day, authorities say.
- » Brussels Threatens Bulgaria With Court Action Over Environment Issues
- » Sofia Zoo To Get Penguins, Kangaroos
- » Farmer Market Fest Showcases Organic Food
- » 3.2-Magnitude Earthquake Registered 80km Away from Smolyan
- » Bulgaria’s Radomir Votes in Referendum on Gold Mining
- » WWF: Global Wildlife Population Dropped by 50% in 40 Years