Landslide Closes Bulgaria's Main Road to Greece
Bulgaria's main road, E-79 to the border with Greece is closed Friday in the vicinity of the Kresna Gorge over a landslide covering the pavement with rocks.
Several teams are taking part in the cleaning effort.
The only possible detour is through the site known as Papaz Chair, but it is not recommended since it would make the trip much longer.
The rocks fell around 1 am Friday. There are no reported injuries.
The road should reopen later in the day, authorities say.
- » World Has Missed Chance to Avoid Dangerous Global Warming
- » NIMH: Day Temperatures To Go Down
- » NASA Plans to Make Oxygen From Atmosphere on Mars
- » For the Last 7 days, More Than 130 Fires Have Been Extinguished in Bulgaria
- » Total Solar Eclipse in North America on Monday
- » Risk of Fires in Bulgaria Remains High