Bulgarians Expected to Assemble in Support of Resigned PM
A large rally is expected in front of the Bulgarian Parliament Thursday morning, as the house votes the unexpected resignation of Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov.
Borisov said the cabinet is stepping down Wednesday morning, after protests that had gripped the country failed to abate following a major cabinet reshuffle, and even turned violent.
Some citizens reacted by speaking out against the resignation and showing support for Borisov and his cabinet.
A Facebook page made Wednesday morning following the resignation, has now gathered close to 33,000 'likes'.
Petitions have been started to show the support for the cabinet.
At the same time, it was reported Wednesday that ruling GERB party functionnaires mailed supporters - and civil servants - suggesting they come out for the pro-Borisov rallies.
Minutes before the Parliament sitting, scheduled for 9 am EET, scores of citizens have already assembled in front of the House in central Sofia.
The debate on Borisov's resignation is expected to last around three hours, after which around 12 am, MPs will vote.
- » Early Iron Age, Late Roman Settlement with Bi-ritual Necropolis Discovered in Southwest Bulgaria
- » An International Team of Veterinarians Examines the Lions in Razgrad
- » New Automated Ticketing System in Varna's Public Transport
- » Global Climate Change is Now Affecting Bulgarian Raspberry Yield
- » 5 Tips for Shopping on Black Friday
- » A Child Named Anıl was Recorded in the Passport as Anal, Parents are Shocked!