Bulgarians Expected to Assemble in Support of Resigned PM
A large rally is expected in front of the Bulgarian Parliament Thursday morning, as the house votes the unexpected resignation of Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov.
Borisov said the cabinet is stepping down Wednesday morning, after protests that had gripped the country failed to abate following a major cabinet reshuffle, and even turned violent.
Some citizens reacted by speaking out against the resignation and showing support for Borisov and his cabinet.
A Facebook page made Wednesday morning following the resignation, has now gathered close to 33,000 'likes'.
Petitions have been started to show the support for the cabinet.
At the same time, it was reported Wednesday that ruling GERB party functionnaires mailed supporters - and civil servants - suggesting they come out for the pro-Borisov rallies.
Minutes before the Parliament sitting, scheduled for 9 am EET, scores of citizens have already assembled in front of the House in central Sofia.
The debate on Borisov's resignation is expected to last around three hours, after which around 12 am, MPs will vote.
- » Nearly a Million Bulgarians have Health Problems
- » Large Oil Refinery in Texas is on Fire
- » April,20 - Hristo Prodanov is Becoming a Hero, Climbing Mount Everest Without the Use of Supplementary Oxygen
- » Spring Brings us Good Weather over the Weekend and after that
- » Injured Police Officers in Violent Clashes in Paris (Video)
- » Bulgarian Photographer Took First Prize of a Prestigious Competition