Bulgaria Govt Extends Oil, Gas Exploration Permit of Melrose Resources
Bulgaria's government has extended the oil and gas exploration permit of Scottish Melrose Resources for the Galata field in the Black Sea block by 166 days.
The oil and gas exploration permit was awarded to Melrose Resources in 2011, according to a media statement of the press office of the Council of Ministers.
Melrose Resources undertakes to conduct exploration activities in compliance with the working program approved by the Minister of Economy, Energy and Tourism during the extension of the permit.
According to the press office of the government, another decision passed Wednesday allows a partial transfer of rights an obligations stemming from the 2012 oil and gas exploration permit for Block 1-21 Han Asparuh by Total E&P Bulgaria B.V. to its partners in the consortium, as a result of which OMV Offshore Bulgaria GMbH and Repsol Bulgaria B.V. receive 30% stakes and Total E&P Bulgaria retains a 40% stake.
- » Bulgaria Insists on Building South Stream Gas Pipe – Energy Ministry
- » Bulgaria Has Achieved its 2020 Renewable Energy Target
- » EU Delays South Stream Talks with Russia
- » Bulgargaz To Lower Natural Gas Price in Q2
- » Rosatom Vows Regular Nuclear Fuel Supplies despite Ukraine Crisis
- » Bulgaria to Not See Electricity Price Hikes in Years – Socialist MP