Bulgaria Very Likely to Hold Early Elections End-April
After the announcement of the collective resignation of Bulgaria's center-right GERB government, all parties represented in Parliament made clear that they would seek early elections.
The early elections are to take place in end-April or the first half of May, according to reports of dnevnik.bg based on information presented by Tstevan Tsvetanov, Deputy Chair of GERB.
The days between May 1 and 6, 2013 are non-working days due to the Easter holidays and the elections are expected to take place earlier.
The date of the early elections is to be specified in the presidential decree for the dissolution of parliament and appointment of a caretaker government.
The elections are to take place within 2 months after Bulgaria's Parliament is dissolved.
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev is to hold consultations Thursday with all political parties represented in Parliament, dnevnik.bg informs, adding that the current Parliament is likely to be dissolved by the end of next week, given that the parties have stated that they want quick procedures.
If this scenario unfolds, the early elections are to be held no later than May 1.
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov announced Wednesday morning that the center-right GERB government would resign collectively by noon.
The step follows a series of mass protest rallies against high electricity prices that morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run.
Borissov told MPs on Wednesday that his party would not be part of a caretaker government.
Bulgaria's Parliament is to vote on the Cabinet's resignation on Thursday.
- » Boyko Borisov in Belgrade: The EU has Wise and Secure Balkans
- » A Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation Between the Two Prosecutor's Offices of Serbia and Bulgaria
- » Nearly BGN 1.5 Billion is the Budget of Sofia for 2018
- » Today Begins the Real Part of the Experimental Repair of the ''Trakia'' Highway
- » More Than 5000 Bulgarian Villages Can Apply for Euro Fundings For Wi-Fi
- » Restaurants and Cafes do not Comply with the Smoking Ban