Fans of GERB Govt Urge Support for Bulgaria PM on Facebook
A few hours after Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov announced the collective resignation of the Cabinet, his fans set up a Facebook group "Protest in Support of Boyko Borisov."
The group already has over 13 000 fans and the description says "If the government of Borisov resigns, only God can save Bulgaria!!!!!!!"
The administrators of the group invited the participants in ongoing and upcoming protests in support of GERB and Boyko Borisov all over the country to not yield to provocations in order to avoid clashes with the police or paid agitators.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov made the shocking announcement Wednesday that his cabinet would resign collectively around noon.
The move follows a series of mass protest rallies against high electricity prices that morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run.
Borissov told MPs that his party would not be part of a caretaker government.
Bulgaria's Parliament is to vote on the Cabinet's resignation on Thursday.
The country's parliamentary elections are due on July 7.
- » Bulgaria’s Ex-President Parvanov Hints at Possibility to Run Again
- » New Deputy Agriculture Minister to Oversee EU's Fisheries Policy in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Garmen Braces for New Protest against Illegal Roma Dwellings
- » Bulgarian Socialists to Decide at Referendum on Left-wing Alliance for Presidential Vote
- » UNESCO Head Bokova Denies Speculation She Might Run for Bulgarian President
- » Bulgaria Socialists Name Legendary Film Actor as Deputy Chair