Fans of GERB Govt Urge Support for Bulgaria PM on Facebook
A few hours after Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov announced the collective resignation of the Cabinet, his fans set up a Facebook group "Protest in Support of Boyko Borisov."
The group already has over 13 000 fans and the description says "If the government of Borisov resigns, only God can save Bulgaria!!!!!!!"
The administrators of the group invited the participants in ongoing and upcoming protests in support of GERB and Boyko Borisov all over the country to not yield to provocations in order to avoid clashes with the police or paid agitators.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov made the shocking announcement Wednesday that his cabinet would resign collectively around noon.
The move follows a series of mass protest rallies against high electricity prices that morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run.
Borissov told MPs that his party would not be part of a caretaker government.
Bulgaria's Parliament is to vote on the Cabinet's resignation on Thursday.
The country's parliamentary elections are due on July 7.
- » Bulgaria's Ruling Parties to Seek Consensus on Pension Reform
- » MEP Barekov Withdraws Support from His Group in Bulgarian Parliament
- » Bulgaria FinMin 'Ready to Backtrack' on Pension Reform
- » PM Boyko Borisov: New Gov't 'Restored Bulgaria's European Dignity'
- » Bulgaria President Won’t Veto Contentious Change to Pension Legislation
- » Parliament Passes Pension Insurance Changes amid Bitter Disputes