Bulgarian President Says He'll Comment on Cabinet Resignation Thursday
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev is to make a statement on Wednesday's surprising resignation of the country's government on the following day, his press office has stated.
Plevneliev's press office has also informed that the president has canceled all events on his agenda until the end of the week,
Plevneliev had already canceled his consultations with the left-wing oppositional Bulgarian Socialist Party scheduled for Wednesday.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov made the shocking announcement Wednesday that his cabinet is to resign en masse around noon. The move follows a series of mass protest rallies against high electricity prices that morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run.
Borissov told MPs that his party would not be part of a caretaker government.
Bulgaria's Parliament will vote on the Cabinet's resignation on Thursday, it has been made clear.
- » The Repair of 'Orlov Most' in Sofia to Continue by the End of the Next Week
- » Bulgaria Marks 114th Anniversary of Ilinden Uprising
- » All Passengers of 'Bulgaria Air' are Waiting for More Than 15 hours For Flight to Frankfurt
- » No Injured Bulgarians in the Terror Attack in Barcelona
- » No Evidence of Infected Eggs and Products With Fipronil on Bulgarian Market
- » Prosecutor’s Office Inspects Noise Levels at Black Sea Resorts