Bulgarian President Says He'll Comment on Cabinet Resignation Thursday
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev is to make a statement on Wednesday's surprising resignation of the country's government on the following day, his press office has stated.
Plevneliev's press office has also informed that the president has canceled all events on his agenda until the end of the week,
Plevneliev had already canceled his consultations with the left-wing oppositional Bulgarian Socialist Party scheduled for Wednesday.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov made the shocking announcement Wednesday that his cabinet is to resign en masse around noon. The move follows a series of mass protest rallies against high electricity prices that morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run.
Borissov told MPs that his party would not be part of a caretaker government.
Bulgaria's Parliament will vote on the Cabinet's resignation on Thursday, it has been made clear.
- » Plovdiv Mayor Signs Contract for BGN 30 M Loan from EBRD
- » GERB Meets BSP Friday in Second Round of Coalition Talks
- » ABV Will Stay Out of Gov't, But Will Back Some GERB Policies
- » PF Urges Power Price Freeze, Anti-Crime Steps Ahead of Talks with GERB
- » Dimitar Vladimirov Appointed Deputy Head of State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad
- » Subsidies for Political Parties in Bulgaria Up 10 Times in 10 Years