Bulgarian President Says He'll Comment on Cabinet Resignation Thursday
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev is to make a statement on Wednesday's surprising resignation of the country's government on the following day, his press office has stated.
Plevneliev's press office has also informed that the president has canceled all events on his agenda until the end of the week,
Plevneliev had already canceled his consultations with the left-wing oppositional Bulgarian Socialist Party scheduled for Wednesday.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov made the shocking announcement Wednesday that his cabinet is to resign en masse around noon. The move follows a series of mass protest rallies against high electricity prices that morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run.
Borissov told MPs that his party would not be part of a caretaker government.
Bulgaria's Parliament will vote on the Cabinet's resignation on Thursday, it has been made clear.
- » Bulgaria MPs Pass Bill Allowing Expats to Vote in Referendums
- » Nationalist Alliance Patriotic Front to Keep Supporting Bulgaria’s Government
- » Bulgaria Needs to Focus Efforts on Completing Motorway Ring – Minister
- » Bulgaria Raises Retirement Age as Part of Pension Reform
- » Bulgaria Sets Up Animal Police Service
- » Bulgaria MP Committee Passes Questions in Voting Rules Referendum