Bulgaria's Major Opposition Party Remains Silent on Cabinet Resignation
The Bulgarian Socialist Party is yet to come up with an official statement regarding the shocking resignation of the country's center-right GERB government.
The largest Bulgarian oppositional party is currently holding a sitting at its headquarters, according to local news agencies.
The other major Bulgarian political parties have already commented on the news, with some of them calling for snap elections.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov made the shocking announcement Wednesday that his cabinet is to resign en masse around noon. The move follows a series of mass protest rallies against high electricity prices that morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run.
Borissov told MPs that his party would not be part of a caretaker government.
Bulgaria's Parliament will vote on the Cabinet's resignation on Thursday, it has been made clear.
The country's parliamentary elections have been scheduled for July 7.
- » Merely 2% of Bulgarians Use Flu Vaccines
- » Complaints Against Toplofikatsiya Sofia Increase by 216% in One Year
- » Bike Rental Network To Become Operational in Sofia in 2017
- » Bulgaria Ranks 53rd Among 113 Countries According to Rule of Law Index
- » 984 Drunk Drivers Caught in Sofia Since Beginning of 2016
- » Bulgaria's 2nd-Largest Opposition Backs Ex-PM Oresharski for President