Bulgaria's Major Opposition Party Remains Silent on Cabinet Resignation
The Bulgarian Socialist Party is yet to come up with an official statement regarding the shocking resignation of the country's center-right GERB government.
The largest Bulgarian oppositional party is currently holding a sitting at its headquarters, according to local news agencies.
The other major Bulgarian political parties have already commented on the news, with some of them calling for snap elections.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov made the shocking announcement Wednesday that his cabinet is to resign en masse around noon. The move follows a series of mass protest rallies against high electricity prices that morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run.
Borissov told MPs that his party would not be part of a caretaker government.
Bulgaria's Parliament will vote on the Cabinet's resignation on Thursday, it has been made clear.
The country's parliamentary elections have been scheduled for July 7.
- » Bulgaria Sets Up Animal Police Service
- » Bulgaria MP Committee Passes Questions in Voting Rules Referendum
- » Bulgarian Parliament Passes Labor Code Amendments
- » Bulgaria is Well Prepared for Greek Bank Crisis, Foreign Minister Mitov says
- » Five Illegal Residential Buildings Demolished in Bulgaria’s Garmen
- » Roma People Start Demolishing Illegal Residences Themselves