Bulgaria's Major Opposition Party Remains Silent on Cabinet Resignation
The Bulgarian Socialist Party is yet to come up with an official statement regarding the shocking resignation of the country's center-right GERB government.
The largest Bulgarian oppositional party is currently holding a sitting at its headquarters, according to local news agencies.
The other major Bulgarian political parties have already commented on the news, with some of them calling for snap elections.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov made the shocking announcement Wednesday that his cabinet is to resign en masse around noon. The move follows a series of mass protest rallies against high electricity prices that morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run.
Borissov told MPs that his party would not be part of a caretaker government.
Bulgaria's Parliament will vote on the Cabinet's resignation on Thursday, it has been made clear.
The country's parliamentary elections have been scheduled for July 7.
- » Plovdiv Mayor Signs Contract for BGN 30 M Loan from EBRD
- » GERB Meets BSP Friday in Second Round of Coalition Talks
- » ABV Will Stay Out of Gov't, But Will Back Some GERB Policies
- » PF Urges Power Price Freeze, Anti-Crime Steps Ahead of Talks with GERB
- » Dimitar Vladimirov Appointed Deputy Head of State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad
- » Subsidies for Political Parties in Bulgaria Up 10 Times in 10 Years