Bulgarian President Cancels Consultations with Opposition
The consultations of President, Rosen Plevneliev, with the opposition, left-wing Bulgarian Socialist Party, BSP, scheduled for Wednesday have been cancelled.
The President's press office announced the change was prompted by the decision of Prime Minister Boyko Borisov to resign.
The meeting was to become the fourth one of the Head of State in the frame of his initiative "Month of Political Consultations.
The breaking news about the resignation came in the aftermath of large-scale protests across the country against high utility bills, leading to clashes with riot police with many injuries and vandalism.
- » Unemployment in Bulgaria has Dropped to 6.5%
- » Bulgarian Firefighters Protest on Saturday
- » In 2018 the Minimum Wage will Become BGN 510
- » Parliament Will Hold an Extraordinary Meeting on October 17
- » Minister of Culture Boil Banov Inspected the Repairs in the National Palace of Culture
- » Bulgaria Withdraws Stoichkov as Honorary Consul in Barcelona