Bulgarian President Cancels Consultations with Opposition
The consultations of President, Rosen Plevneliev, with the opposition, left-wing Bulgarian Socialist Party, BSP, scheduled for Wednesday have been cancelled.
The President's press office announced the change was prompted by the decision of Prime Minister Boyko Borisov to resign.
The meeting was to become the fourth one of the Head of State in the frame of his initiative "Month of Political Consultations.
The breaking news about the resignation came in the aftermath of large-scale protests across the country against high utility bills, leading to clashes with riot police with many injuries and vandalism.
- » Deputy PM Zaharieva: 78% of Regional Development Ministry Budget Spent in H1 2014
- » Witnesses Back Defendant in Bulgaria’s 2013 Illegal Ballot Papers Case
- » Liberals' Head Lyutvi Mestan Demands International Probe into KTB Affair
- » IntMin Employees to Stage Protest over Plans for Social Benefits Cut
- » Bulgaria Budget Miscalculated 'on Purpose' - President Plevneliev
- » Bulgarian Trade Unions, Employers’ Organizations to Boycott Tripartite Cooperation Council Meeting