Bulgarian President Cancels Consultations with Opposition
The consultations of President, Rosen Plevneliev, with the opposition, left-wing Bulgarian Socialist Party, BSP, scheduled for Wednesday have been cancelled.
The President's press office announced the change was prompted by the decision of Prime Minister Boyko Borisov to resign.
The meeting was to become the fourth one of the Head of State in the frame of his initiative "Month of Political Consultations.
The breaking news about the resignation came in the aftermath of large-scale protests across the country against high utility bills, leading to clashes with riot police with many injuries and vandalism.
- » Bulgaria's GERB Suffers 2nd 'Renegade' Loss
- » Bulgaria to Lift Bank Secrect in Conflict of Interest Cases
- » Bulgarian PM Predicts Economic Growth in 2014
- » Bulgarian MPs OK Party Subsidy Cut by BGN 1
- » Ex MP of Bulgaria's GERB Vows Independence, Not to Join Socialists
- » Socialist MP: Bulgaria's Parliament Won't Complete 4-Year Term