Bulgarian President Cancels Consultations with Opposition
The consultations of President, Rosen Plevneliev, with the opposition, left-wing Bulgarian Socialist Party, BSP, scheduled for Wednesday have been cancelled.
The President's press office announced the change was prompted by the decision of Prime Minister Boyko Borisov to resign.
The meeting was to become the fourth one of the Head of State in the frame of his initiative "Month of Political Consultations.
The breaking news about the resignation came in the aftermath of large-scale protests across the country against high utility bills, leading to clashes with riot police with many injuries and vandalism.
- » Bulgarian Parliamentary Committee Adopts Ban on Face-Covering Veils
- » Bulgarian MPs Propose Relaxing Restrictions for Voters Abroad
- » Bulgarian PM Refrains From Revealing GERB's Presidential Candidate
- » Bulgaria’s Ex-President Parvanov Hints at Possibility to Run Again
- » New Deputy Agriculture Minister to Oversee EU's Fisheries Policy in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Garmen Braces for New Protest against Illegal Roma Dwellings