Bulgarian President Cancels Consultations with Opposition
The consultations of President, Rosen Plevneliev, with the opposition, left-wing Bulgarian Socialist Party, BSP, scheduled for Wednesday have been cancelled.
The President's press office announced the change was prompted by the decision of Prime Minister Boyko Borisov to resign.
The meeting was to become the fourth one of the Head of State in the frame of his initiative "Month of Political Consultations.
The breaking news about the resignation came in the aftermath of large-scale protests across the country against high utility bills, leading to clashes with riot police with many injuries and vandalism.
- » Bulgarian MPs Not to Renew Work, Await Gov't Resignation
- » Socialist 'Dissident' Member Kadiev Enters Party Leadership Race
- » Prosecutors to Probe Ex Agriculture Fund Execs over Delayed Projects
- » Watchdog Head: MPs from All Parties Requested Wiretapping Data
- » Bulgaria's PM: Budget Update Not Necessary So Far
- » Bulgaria's President Vows Timely Formation of Caretaker Govt