Bulgarian President Cancels Consultations with Opposition
The consultations of President, Rosen Plevneliev, with the opposition, left-wing Bulgarian Socialist Party, BSP, scheduled for Wednesday have been cancelled.
The President's press office announced the change was prompted by the decision of Prime Minister Boyko Borisov to resign.
The meeting was to become the fourth one of the Head of State in the frame of his initiative "Month of Political Consultations.
The breaking news about the resignation came in the aftermath of large-scale protests across the country against high utility bills, leading to clashes with riot police with many injuries and vandalism.
- » Bulgaria's Customs Agency to Undergo Thorough Probe
- » Ex-Journalist Barekov: 'One More MP to Leave GERB'
- » Bulgaria to Spend BGN 31.5 M on Repairing Second-, Third-Class Roads
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Mark 135th Anniversary of Tarnovo Constitution
- » Parliament Finally Overturns Audit Office Act Veto
- » Bomb Signal Alerts Sofia Courthouse