CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » FT: South Stream’s Future 'Looking Increasingly Murky'
- » Al Jazeera: Bulgaria Struggling to Cope with Mideast Refugee Influx
- » Pipes Still Arriving, As Bulgaria Says South Stream is ‘Frozen’
- » South Stream Could Consider ‘Plan B’, Russian Journalist Says
- » Sofia’s Latest Move to Halt South Stream “Could Be More Serious”
- » Forbes: 'The Bulgarian Banking Disaster'