CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » Reuters: No More Incentives for Bulgarian Renewable Energy Installations
- » Reuters: Strong Banking Ties to Greece Pose Risk for Bulgaria, Balkans
- » Amnesty International Notes Bulgaria's Mixed Record on Human Righs in 2014
- » VoA: Bulgaria Key Battleground in US-Russia Energy War
- » WSJ: Jihadists Pass Through Bulgarian-Turkish Border to Join IS
- » Bulgaria's Hate-Crime Prosecution Condemned in Amnesty International Report