CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » Nationalism and Unchecked Violence in Bulgaria
- » Happy March 3! Thanks, Russia, Regards to US, Keep in Mind Who's Who
- » Ludogorets come back from dead to down Lazio
- » Bulgaria’s Currency Board Versus Ukraine’s Chaos
- » Young Britons Beaten to Jobs by 'New Servant Class' of Immigrants
- » Leaks Suggest Bulgarian MEP Staged Slander Campaign against Georgieva