CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » Ukraine and Bulgaria Show Power of EU Model
- » South Stream Bilateral Deals Breach EU Law, Commission Says
- » One Abortion for Every Two Births in Bulgaria
- » Berlusconi May Have A Cunning Plan To Escape Prosecution In Italy: Running For Election In Bulgaria
- » Only Bulgaria Beats Britain for TV Addicts
- » Bulgaria and Romania Jobless Rise as Eurozone Unemployment Rate Dips