CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » The NYT: Political Crisis Jeopardizes Future of Bulgarian Bank
- » Gov't Resignation in Bulgaria May Cause Problems for Gazprom
- » Bulgaria Wins Balkan Prize
- » Forbes: The Curious Case of the Bulgarian Bank Runs
- » Westinghouse Most Likely to Win Bulgarian Nuclear Deal
- » EUObserver: Bulgaria Jittery After Bank Run 'Plot'