CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » 'Bulgaria May Go Polish Route to MiG Modernization'
- » FP: Bulgaria Is the New Battleground in Fighting Russian Energy
- » AP: John Kerry Urges Bulgaria to Step up Energy Diversification, Anti-Graft Efforts
- » US Secretary of State's Visit to Bulgaria Fuels Speculation in Foreign Media
- » Russia Tried Bribing Bulgarian Official to Support South Stream - NYT
- » Russian PM: Bulgaria 'Worse Off' after Joining EU