CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » Bulgaria 'Renouncing Its Air Force,' RIA Novosti Says
- » Bulgaria's Outsourcing Potential 'May Come as a Shock' - Channelnomics.eu
- » AFP: Bulgarian Criminals “Are Major Players” in Human Trafficking
- » Al Jazeera: 'In Bulgaria, Refugee Struggle Underlines Elusive European Dream'
- » The Times: Refugees Stepping up Use of Route via ‘Bulgarian Badlands’
- » Bulgaria Drops Three Spots in Fraser Institute’s Economic Freedom Ranking