CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » Forbes: Georgieva Risks Wrecking 'Regional Chances' for UN Top Job
- » Bulgaria Seeks 'Fine Balance' amid Russia-Turkey Tensions - AFP
- » Der Spiegel: Bulgaria's Peevski, Iceberg of Corruption
- » The Economist: UN Secretary-General Nomination Stirs Political Tensions in Bulgaria
- » HRW Accuses Bulgaria of 'Pushbacks, Abuse at Borders'
- » 'Putin with Dog Makes Bulgaria's PM Happy' - Euronews