CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » S&P Maintains Stable Outlook on Bulgaria’s Rating
- » Forbes: KTB Crisis 'Looks Like a Game of Bulgarian Musical Chairs'
- » 'How Bulgarian Political Elite Betrayed Russia'
- » The Daily Beast: Bulgaria's Vampire Graveyards
- » Bulgaria 'Is Mafia with Democracy on the Inside' - Italian journalist
- » The Economist: Bulgaria Likely to Get Another Shaky Cabinet