CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » Huffington Post: 18 Reasons to Book Trip to Bulgaria ASAP
- » The Globe and Mail: Russia, Turkey Waging ‘Proxy Battle’ in Bulgaria
- » The Independent: Sofia Ranks as Fourth Most Dangerous City in Europe
- » Telegraph: Borovets Is Europe's 'Booziest Ski Resort'
- » The Guardian: Construction of Motorway Threatens Wildlife in Bulgaria's Kresna Gorge
- » HRW: EU Should Urge Bulgaria to Investigate Reports of Abuse of Migrants