CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » Bulgarian Resorts Named Europe's Cheapest
- » BBC: Is Bulgaria Europe's Silicon Valley?
- » Newsweek: Iron Curtain Back in Bulgaria, Migrants Face Brutality
- » German NGO Calls on Berlin not to Send Asylum Seekers Back to Bulgaria
- » Is Bulgaria a 16th Republic or a 51st State?
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Puts Up a New Wall, but This One Keeps People Out