CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » IFRC: Bulgarian Red Cross Volunteer Campaigns for the Rights of the Elderly in Lovech
- » BBC: Bulgaria Stems Migrant Flow Through Border with Turkey
- » Huffington Post: Bulgaria, a Stroll in the Park
- » Stratfor: Bulgaria, Romania to Get ‘Increasingly Involved’ in Crises over Refugees, Ukraine
- » The Guardian: Bulgaria’s Hidden Treasures Lie Beyond Cheap Beach Holidays
- » Stratfor: Bulgaria Is Balkan Heavyweight, But Eurasian Lightweight