CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » Bulgaria Border Security System 'Out of Service over Unpaid Electricity Bills'
- » Kurdish Journalist Facing Deportation to Iran 'Beaten in Bulgaria'
- » AFP: Thracian Treasures Have Unleashed Gold Rush in Bulgaria's Rivers
- » Perils of Sea Crossing Make Syrian Refugees Choose Bulgaria Land Route
- » Bulgaria 'Renouncing Its Air Force,' RIA Novosti Says
- » Bulgaria's Outsourcing Potential 'May Come as a Shock' - Channelnomics.eu