CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » Daily Mail: Bulgaria Building 'Super-Fence' to Stop Migrants
- » Der Spiegel: Bulgaria, Greece's New Treasury
- » Corruption Enabling Human Trafficking in Bulgaria, US State Dept Says
- » Bulgaria Offering 'Good Climate' for Tech Start-Ups
- » AFP: Greek Businesses Find Safe Haven in Bulgaria
- » The Telegraph: British Holidaymakers Benefit from Strong Pound in Bulgaria’s Slanchev Bryag