CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » HRW Claims Bulgaria Mistreating Syrian Refugees at Border with Turkey
- » Le Monde: Bulgaria's Georgieva 'Rare Good Surprise' from Former Commission
- » Wirtschaftsblatt: Bulgaria 'Could Gain Advantage' from South Stream Deadlock
- » Reuters: GERB Pledges to Expand Energy Benefits, Kick-start Economy
- » Bulgaria Shows ‘Early Success’ in Raising Revenue from Online Gaming
- » NYT: KTB Crisis Hits Thousands of Bulgarians