CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » Bloomberg: Bulgaria More at Risk from Grexit Contagion
- » Bulgaria 'Has Huge Problem with Financial Illiteracy'
- » Bulgaria Narrow-Gauge Train 'Could Face the Axe'
- » Neo-Nazism Present in Bulgaria, Russian Foreign Ministry Believes
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Working Poor Struggle to Make Ends Meet
- » Bulgarian Resorts Named Europe's Cheapest