CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » Russian PM: Bulgaria 'Worse Off' after Joining EU
- » BBC: Bulgaria Picks Up Pieces of Cancelled Russian Pipe
- » Gerhard Schroeder Says Bulgaria Was Forced into Halting South Stream
- » Bulgaria Would Still Get Transit Gas, Transit Millions
- » 'Bulgaria, South Stream Want Each Other, Prick Each Otner, "Dad" Does Not Allow'
- » The Economist: Russia’s U-turn on South Stream 'Taught Its Friends a Lesson'