CNN: Bulgaria's PM to Tender Govt's Resignation at Noon
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told parliament he would tender his government's resignation Wednesday, according to state media reports, following eight days of nationwide protests over high energy bills.
The protests against soaring electricity bills have morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run, the official Bulgarian News Agency reported.
Borissov told lawmakers his party would not be part of a caretaker government. The government will resign from office at noon local time.
- » Der Spiegel: Putin Seeks to Influence Bulgarian Policy-Making
- » 'How Bulgaria’s New Prime Minister Buries South Stream'
- » The Economist: Bulgaria's GDP to Grow 2.5% Next Year
- » Forbes: Culprits for Events at KTB at Bulgaria's KTB Should Now Be Held Accountable
- » S&P Maintains Stable Outlook on Bulgaria’s Rating
- » Forbes: KTB Crisis 'Looks Like a Game of Bulgarian Musical Chairs'