Bulgarian Right-Winger Calls for Snap Elections
Bulgarian right-wing leader Martin Dimitrov has called for snap elections in the aftermath of the Cabinet's shocking resignation on Wednesday.
"(Prime Minister) Boyko Borisov and his government left the country in the state of catastrophe," Dimitrov told reporters.
Dimitrov, co-chair of the parliamentary Blue Coalition, stated that tensions in the country will subdue after the Cabinet's resignation.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov made the shocking announcement Wednesday that his cabinet is to resign en masse around noon. The move follows a series of mass protest rallies against high electricity prices and austerity.
The series of mass protests in Sofia and all other major Bulgarian cities was initially triggered by the shockingly high electricity bills in EU's poorest member state. However, many protesters have also demanded the resignation of the center-right GERB government.
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Transport Minister Approves 3 New Appointments
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Transport Minister Changes Port Burgas CEO
- » Bulgaria Should Prepare for Refugee Influx– Deputy Watchdog Chair
- » Bulgarian ex-Tsar to Appeal Tsarska Bistritsa Ruling
- » Bulgaria's Ex Royal Palace Tsarska Bistritsa Declared State Property
- » Caretaker Minister Changes Bulgarian Posts, Railways Chiefs