Bulgarian Nationalists Join Calls for Caretaker Govt
Volen Siderov, leader of Bulgaria's marginal far-right Ataka (Attack), has joined calls made by other parties for the establishment of a caretaker government in the aftermath of the Cabinet's shocking resignation on Wednesday.
"In order to prevent anarchy, President Rosen Plevneliev should show that he is responsible by forming a caretaker government," Siderov told reporters.
The far-right leader was firm that the ruling center-right GERB should not be allowed into the caretaker government.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov made the shocking announcement Wednesday that his cabinet is to resign en masse around noon. The move follows a series of mass protest rallies against high electricity prices and austerity.
Twenty-five people were taken to hospital and fourteen were injured after protesters clashed with police late on Tuesday.
- » Bulgaria Customs Head to Manage Kapitan Andreevo Border Crossing
- » Bulgaria Might Have to Print Local Vote Ballot Papers in Romania
- » Citizens of Bulgaria's Garmen Hold Peaceful Protest Against Illegal Buildings, Thefts
- » MPs Meet First Nominee for Governor of Bulgarian National Bank
- » MPs from Bulgaria's Ruling Coalition Table Constitutional Amendments
- » Sofia City Prosecutor’s Office Requests Restart of Trial against Ex PM Stanishev