Bulgarian Nationalists Join Calls for Caretaker Govt
Volen Siderov, leader of Bulgaria's marginal far-right Ataka (Attack), has joined calls made by other parties for the establishment of a caretaker government in the aftermath of the Cabinet's shocking resignation on Wednesday.
"In order to prevent anarchy, President Rosen Plevneliev should show that he is responsible by forming a caretaker government," Siderov told reporters.
The far-right leader was firm that the ruling center-right GERB should not be allowed into the caretaker government.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov made the shocking announcement Wednesday that his cabinet is to resign en masse around noon. The move follows a series of mass protest rallies against high electricity prices and austerity.
Twenty-five people were taken to hospital and fourteen were injured after protesters clashed with police late on Tuesday.
- » Bulgarian President: We Are Concerned about Russia over Nemtsov's Death
- » Bulgaria PM Undergoes Knee Surgery
- » Bulgaria’s Govt Replaces Chair of Archives State Agency
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Approves Resignation of DANS Deputy Chairperson
- » Opposition BSP Calls on Bulgarian President to Impose Veto on New Debt
- » Bulgarian IntMin to Propose New Chief Secretary Despite PM Warning