Bulgarian Nationalists Join Calls for Caretaker Govt
Volen Siderov, leader of Bulgaria's marginal far-right Ataka (Attack), has joined calls made by other parties for the establishment of a caretaker government in the aftermath of the Cabinet's shocking resignation on Wednesday.
"In order to prevent anarchy, President Rosen Plevneliev should show that he is responsible by forming a caretaker government," Siderov told reporters.
The far-right leader was firm that the ruling center-right GERB should not be allowed into the caretaker government.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov made the shocking announcement Wednesday that his cabinet is to resign en masse around noon. The move follows a series of mass protest rallies against high electricity prices and austerity.
Twenty-five people were taken to hospital and fourteen were injured after protesters clashed with police late on Tuesday.
- » Vidin - Calafat Danube Bridge Will be Temporarily Closed
- » No Agreement on Role of Proposed Anticorruption Body
- » About 30% of Children in Refugee Centers go to School
- » BGN 80 Million is the Budget for Road Cleaning during the Winter
- » Bulgaria Media Still Under Political Pressure
- » Residents of the Mladost Quarter of Sofia Protest Because of Lack of Lighting