2nd Bulgarian Man Sets Himself on Fire in Public
A 36-year-old man poured gasoline over his body and set himself on fire in front of the city hall in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna early on Wednesday.
The man was rushed to hospital with severe injuries. He suffered burns to 80% of his body, according to local news agencies.
The man's motives are still unclear. Dnevnik.bg has reminded that the city's budget will be discussed by the city council later on Wednesday.
The accident could also be linked to the ongoing mass anti-government protests in the country. Some 8000 people rallied in Varna on Tuesday, and thousands more protested in other cities and towns across the country.
The mass rallies were initially triggered by the shockingly high electricity bills in EU's poorest member state. However, many protesters have also demanded the resignation of the center-right GERB government.
On Monday, another man set himself on fire in public in the city of Veliko Tarnovo. He later died in hospital.
- » George Soros Donated USD 18 Billion to Open Society Foundations
- » Ed Sheeran Broke his Both Hands, Postponed Concerts in Asia
- » Xi Jinping: China will Fight to Stop Climate Change
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Clashes Between Police and Protesters Against Corruption in Kiev
- » Today is the European Day Against Human Trafficking