Bulgarian Police Clash With Sofia Anti-Government Protesters
Police have clashed with protesters in downtown Sofia with reports about injured people.
According to reports of private TV station bTV, ambulances cannot reach the injured demonstrators.
bTV coverage shows police cars covered in blood.
The tension escalated after the protesters started throwing smoke balls, bottles, and rotten fruits.
Some of the protesters in front of the Parliament building are voicing their discontent over the abuses of monopolies in Bulgaria, others condemn the approval for the expansion of the Bansko ski zone by an expert council at the Environment Ministry, and there is also a torchlight march of nationalist party Ataka.
- » Bulgaria Had 164 Empty Villages in End-2014
- » Bulgarian Scientists Develop First Space Greenhouse on Earth
- » Wildfire in Southwestern Bulgaria Tamed, No Danger to Spread
- » Bulgarian Population Decreased by 0.6 % in 2014
- » Serbian Government Jet Failure Forces President Nikolic to Cancel Vatican Visit
- » Bulgaria Registers Increased Air Pollution Levels