Bulgarian Police Clash With Sofia Anti-Government Protesters
Police have clashed with protesters in downtown Sofia with reports about injured people.
According to reports of private TV station bTV, ambulances cannot reach the injured demonstrators.
bTV coverage shows police cars covered in blood.
The tension escalated after the protesters started throwing smoke balls, bottles, and rotten fruits.
Some of the protesters in front of the Parliament building are voicing their discontent over the abuses of monopolies in Bulgaria, others condemn the approval for the expansion of the Bansko ski zone by an expert council at the Environment Ministry, and there is also a torchlight march of nationalist party Ataka.
- » Bulgaria Lacks Official Data On Correlation Air Pollution - Health
- » Forest Guard Discover Dead Immigrant Near Bulgarian-Turkish Border
- » Police Arrests 35 Illegal Immigrants in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Has Too Many Universities - Education Minister
- » Bulgaria to Build Accommodation Centres for Elderly
- » Bulgaria Marks 95 Years of Neuilly Treaty after WWI