Hundreds Gather for Anti-Govt Rally in Sofia
Several hundred protesters gathered at around 6.30 p.m. on Tuesday at the Orlov Most junction in downtown Sofia and headed for the Parliament building.
The people are booing Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and asking for his resignation.
According to reports of the BGNES news agency, the rally was blocked in front of the Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski by a police cordon as some of the protesters sought to interfere into a commemorative ceremony at the Vasil Levski monument.
- » No Risk of Flooding Dams, Says Bulgarian Agriculture Minister
- » Trade Union: 20% of Households in Bulgaria Below Poverty Line
- » Bulgaria's Government Expands Protected Areas
- » Bulgaria To Expand Its Stem Cell Bank
- » Overflowing Dam Floods Villages In NW Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Government To Spend BGN 7.2 M On Subsidized Employment