Hundreds Gather for Anti-Govt Rally in Sofia
Several hundred protesters gathered at around 6.30 p.m. on Tuesday at the Orlov Most junction in downtown Sofia and headed for the Parliament building.
The people are booing Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and asking for his resignation.
According to reports of the BGNES news agency, the rally was blocked in front of the Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski by a police cordon as some of the protesters sought to interfere into a commemorative ceremony at the Vasil Levski monument.
- » Lab Tests Show Radioactivity in Water Pipe in SW Bulgaria
- » Lifeguards Warn Of Dangerous Swells Along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
- » Parliament Passes At First Reading NZOK Budget Update
- » August in Bulgaria: Rain in the West, Sun at the Seaside
- » Roma Protesters End Railroad Blockade in Sofia
- » Village near Stara Zagora Holds Sod-Turning Event for Waste Plant