Hundreds Gather for Anti-Govt Rally in Sofia
Several hundred protesters gathered at around 6.30 p.m. on Tuesday at the Orlov Most junction in downtown Sofia and headed for the Parliament building.
The people are booing Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and asking for his resignation.
According to reports of the BGNES news agency, the rally was blocked in front of the Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski by a police cordon as some of the protesters sought to interfere into a commemorative ceremony at the Vasil Levski monument.
- » Fifth Edition of Chicago Folklore Festival Brings Bulgarians Closer to Home
- » 61% of Bulgarians Have Not Heard of Armenian Genocide in Ottoman Empire
- » Hundreds Protest, Demand Resignation of Bulgarian Culture Minister
- » EU Grant Sponsors Restoration of Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » Sentimental Swingers to Present New Album in Sofia
- » Ros Rossin's Portrait of Maya Angelou Featured on US Postage Stamp