Hundreds Gather for Anti-Govt Rally in Sofia
Several hundred protesters gathered at around 6.30 p.m. on Tuesday at the Orlov Most junction in downtown Sofia and headed for the Parliament building.
The people are booing Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and asking for his resignation.
According to reports of the BGNES news agency, the rally was blocked in front of the Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski by a police cordon as some of the protesters sought to interfere into a commemorative ceremony at the Vasil Levski monument.
- » Bulgarian Health Ministry to Increase Smoking Ban Checks during Holidays
- » Poll: 33% of Bulgarians Have No Savings
- » L'Oreal, UNESCO Program in Bulgaria Gives Applicants More Time, Chances
- » Amnesty International Slams Bulgaria, EU over Refugees Treatment
- » Refugees Stage New Protest in Bulgarian Capital
- » Plovdiv, Sofia, Tarnovo, Varna Shortlisted for Europe Culture Capital