Pistorius Charged with Premeditated Murder
Prominent Olympic athlete Oscar Pistorius was charged with the premeditated murder of his girlfriened by a South African prosecutor on Wednesday.
The defendant's lawyer has insisted that Reeva Steenkamp's shooting was an accident.
"She couldn't go anywhere. You can run nowhere," prosecutor Gerrie Nel said at a bail hearing, as cited by international media.
Nel told the court that on the night of the killing Mr Pistorius - a double amputee - got up, put on his prostheses, walked seven metres and fired his gun through a bathroom door.
He shot four times and hit Ms Steenkamp three times, the BBC informs.
Defence lawyer Barry Roux told the court his client did not know in advance who was behind the door.
The victim, 30-year-old Reeva Steenkamp, was a well-known South African model. It is believed that she was shot four times.
The 26-year-old suspect was the first double amputee to run in the Olympics.
- » Angela Merkel Severely Criticized Countries Unwilling to Accept More Refugees
- » Czech Republic Refuses to Admit Refugees from Turkey
- » German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel Criticizes Merkel's Migration Policy
- » Germany Expects No More than 300 Refugees By End Year
- » Alexis Tsipras: EU is Sleepwalker, Closing In on the Abyss
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants