Pistorius Charged with Premeditated Murder
Prominent Olympic athlete Oscar Pistorius was charged with the premeditated murder of his girlfriened by a South African prosecutor on Wednesday.
The defendant's lawyer has insisted that Reeva Steenkamp's shooting was an accident.
"She couldn't go anywhere. You can run nowhere," prosecutor Gerrie Nel said at a bail hearing, as cited by international media.
Nel told the court that on the night of the killing Mr Pistorius - a double amputee - got up, put on his prostheses, walked seven metres and fired his gun through a bathroom door.
He shot four times and hit Ms Steenkamp three times, the BBC informs.
Defence lawyer Barry Roux told the court his client did not know in advance who was behind the door.
The victim, 30-year-old Reeva Steenkamp, was a well-known South African model. It is believed that she was shot four times.
The 26-year-old suspect was the first double amputee to run in the Olympics.
- » UN: Bulgaria is in the Group of Developed Economies, But not the Rich
- » Nato Reappoints Jens Stoltenberg as Chief Until 2020
- » By 2020: 50% of the World's Electric Vehicles will be in China
- » Google Forwards more Traffic to Media Outlets than Facebook
- » After more than 2 Years of Delay, the Tallest Building in China is Now Open
- » Over 300 Flights were Canceled at Brussels Airport