Stunned Bulgarian Ruling Party Issues 'Guidelines' to Media
The press center of ruling Bulgarian party GERB has mistakenly mailed media outlets with guidelines for speaking about the ongoing political crisis in the country.
In the message, the GERB PR office formulates the party's position on Monday's resignation of Vice-PM and FinMin Simeon Djankov and ongoing protests against economic stagnation.
"Colleagues, we are sending you theses for discussing the topics of cabinet shuffles and protests. Please use them!" reads the e-mail.
This provoked indignation in a number of Bulgarian media outlets.
However, minutes later, the GERB press center sent another e-mail, clarifying that this was a mistake and the previous message had been intended for GERB MPs.
- » Bulgaria Socialist Leader Takes Shocking Pictures of Bulgaria-Serbia Road
- » Bulgaria Improves Ranking in Freedom House Report on Press Freedom
- » Bulgarian Private TV7 Channel Could Stop Broadcasting as Bailiff Enters Media
- » No Bulgarians in Nepal Board Evacuation Plane Provided by MFA
- » Foreign Ministry Provides Evacuation Option to Bulgarians in Nepal
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Deems Cabinet Reshuffles Pointless