Stunned Bulgarian Ruling Party Issues 'Guidelines' to Media
The press center of ruling Bulgarian party GERB has mistakenly mailed media outlets with guidelines for speaking about the ongoing political crisis in the country.
In the message, the GERB PR office formulates the party's position on Monday's resignation of Vice-PM and FinMin Simeon Djankov and ongoing protests against economic stagnation.
"Colleagues, we are sending you theses for discussing the topics of cabinet shuffles and protests. Please use them!" reads the e-mail.
This provoked indignation in a number of Bulgarian media outlets.
However, minutes later, the GERB press center sent another e-mail, clarifying that this was a mistake and the previous message had been intended for GERB MPs.
- » Bulgaria's Minimum Wage Remains BGN 340 Next Year
- » Tanya Raykovska Elected Interim Chair of Bulgaria’s Supreme Court of Cassation
- » Bulgaria PM to Oversee State Security, Deputy PMs Get Coordinative Functions
- » Judicial Council Moves to Elect Chair of Supreme Court of Cassation
- » Patriotic Front Backtracks on Ultimatum to Bulgarian Gov't
- » Nationalist Party NFSB May Withdraw Confidence in Govt in 24 Hours