Stunned Bulgarian Ruling Party Issues 'Guidelines' to Media
The press center of ruling Bulgarian party GERB has mistakenly mailed media outlets with guidelines for speaking about the ongoing political crisis in the country.
In the message, the GERB PR office formulates the party's position on Monday's resignation of Vice-PM and FinMin Simeon Djankov and ongoing protests against economic stagnation.
"Colleagues, we are sending you theses for discussing the topics of cabinet shuffles and protests. Please use them!" reads the e-mail.
This provoked indignation in a number of Bulgarian media outlets.
However, minutes later, the GERB press center sent another e-mail, clarifying that this was a mistake and the previous message had been intended for GERB MPs.
- » Bulgarian PM Appoints Deputy Education Minister
- » Bulgarian TV Show to Submit Petition for Holding Six-Point Referendum
- » Bulgaria Ex-President Says Ankara Working to Wield Influence on Bulgarian Turks
- » Bulgaria's IntMin Also Sees 'Plot against Govt'
- » Bulgaria's Govt Warns of 'Plot to Discredit PM'
- » Bulgaria’s New Education Minister Kuneva Vows Transparency