Stunned Bulgarian Ruling Party Issues 'Guidelines' to Media
The press center of ruling Bulgarian party GERB has mistakenly mailed media outlets with guidelines for speaking about the ongoing political crisis in the country.
In the message, the GERB PR office formulates the party's position on Monday's resignation of Vice-PM and FinMin Simeon Djankov and ongoing protests against economic stagnation.
"Colleagues, we are sending you theses for discussing the topics of cabinet shuffles and protests. Please use them!" reads the e-mail.
This provoked indignation in a number of Bulgarian media outlets.
However, minutes later, the GERB press center sent another e-mail, clarifying that this was a mistake and the previous message had been intended for GERB MPs.
- » Bulgaria's Interior Ministry Launches Open Lines for Signals Related to Electoral Violations
- » Bulgaria's Elections To Cost BGN 250,000 More Due To Electoral Code Amendment
- » Five Sociological Agencies To Carry Out Exit Polls in Bulgaria's Presidential Elections
- » Alpha Research: Bulgaria's Referendum To Yield 3 YES Answers, If Declared Valid
- » Sofia Centre To Be Blocked for Trifonov Concert
- » Bulgarian Parliament OKs VAT Exemption for Donated Foods near Expiry Date