Stunned Bulgarian Ruling Party Issues 'Guidelines' to Media
The press center of ruling Bulgarian party GERB has mistakenly mailed media outlets with guidelines for speaking about the ongoing political crisis in the country.
In the message, the GERB PR office formulates the party's position on Monday's resignation of Vice-PM and FinMin Simeon Djankov and ongoing protests against economic stagnation.
"Colleagues, we are sending you theses for discussing the topics of cabinet shuffles and protests. Please use them!" reads the e-mail.
This provoked indignation in a number of Bulgarian media outlets.
However, minutes later, the GERB press center sent another e-mail, clarifying that this was a mistake and the previous message had been intended for GERB MPs.
- » Bulgarian Trade Union Seeks Minimum Wage Increase to BGN 400
- » KTB Majority Shareholder to Demand Int'l Expertise on Bank Insolvency
- » Bulgaria PM Renews Calls on C-Bank Governor to Resign
- » Coalition Partners to Negotiate over Controversial Appointment
- » Bulgaria is Starting to Emerge from 2-year Political Chaos – Right-Wing Leader
- » Bulgarian Politicians Renew Dispute over Turkish-Language News