Stunned Bulgarian Ruling Party Issues 'Guidelines' to Media
The press center of ruling Bulgarian party GERB has mistakenly mailed media outlets with guidelines for speaking about the ongoing political crisis in the country.
In the message, the GERB PR office formulates the party's position on Monday's resignation of Vice-PM and FinMin Simeon Djankov and ongoing protests against economic stagnation.
"Colleagues, we are sending you theses for discussing the topics of cabinet shuffles and protests. Please use them!" reads the e-mail.
This provoked indignation in a number of Bulgarian media outlets.
However, minutes later, the GERB press center sent another e-mail, clarifying that this was a mistake and the previous message had been intended for GERB MPs.
- » Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Insists Voting System Referendum 'Is Mandatory'
- » Bulgaria's Reformist Bloc May Refrain from Seeking New Govt
- » Reformist Bloc Effort to Form Bulgarian Govt Prompts Mixed Reaction
- » Another Sofia Deputy Mayor Steps Down
- » Bulgarian MP Proposes Cut in Party Subsidies
- » Bulgarian President's Chief of Staff 'Tipped as Caretaker PM'