Sargsyan Re-Elected as Armenia's President - Exit Polls
Serzh Sargsyan has been elected for a second 5-year term in office as Armenia's President, according to exit polls after election day Monday.
The surveys show that the incumbent has gathered some 58% of the vote, against main contender, former Foreign Minister Raffi Hovannisian, who got some 32%.
If the outcome of the election is in line with the exit polls, that would mean that Sargsyan is re-elected at the first round.
- » EU Proposes to Extend Border Controls inside Schengen Area
- » EU Proposes Visa-Free Travel to Schengen Zone for Kosovo Citizens
- » Turkey's Davutoglu Reportedly Mulls Resignation
- » Bulgaria's IntMin in Turkey to Sign Readmission Agreement
- » Turkey Waives Visas for EU Citizens, Awaits Visa-Free Travel Decision for Its Nationals
- » Merkel 'Proposed NATO Membership to Japan'