Bulgarians Relaunch Electricity Protests
Thousands of citizens have filled the streets of major Bulgarian city of Varna Monday evening, just a day after tens of thousands walked in some 30 cities out to protest high electricity prices in the country.
People are also assembling in capital Sofia and second-major city of Plovdiv, as well as in other locations across the country.
Monday the government led by Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov reacted by requesting the resignation of Vice-PM and FinMin Simeon Djankov.
All opposition parties have requested an immediate resignation of cabinet.
- » Bulgaria Expects Another Hot Summer Day on Sunday
- » Wildfire near Bulgaria's Ardino Contained
- » Forest Fire Rages near Ardino in Southern Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Set up Advisory National Food Board
- » Bulgaria to Scrap Injunction of People with Mental Disabilities
- » Bulgarians See Politics, Hospitals, Customs as 'Most Corrupt' - Poll