Bulgarians Relaunch Electricity Protests
Thousands of citizens have filled the streets of major Bulgarian city of Varna Monday evening, just a day after tens of thousands walked in some 30 cities out to protest high electricity prices in the country.
People are also assembling in capital Sofia and second-major city of Plovdiv, as well as in other locations across the country.
Monday the government led by Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov reacted by requesting the resignation of Vice-PM and FinMin Simeon Djankov.
All opposition parties have requested an immediate resignation of cabinet.
- » State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria’s Burgas, Gabrovo, Smolyan
- » Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Construction of Sofia's 3rd Metro Line Could Be Delayed Over Appeals
- » Over 15 000 People Not Let Into Bulgaria in 2014
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains