Bulgarian Far Rightists Burn EU Flag in Downtown Sofia
Activists from the far-right coalition "No to the EU" have burned down the flag of the European Union before the building of the EC Representation in the Bulgarian capital.
"The EU will fall apart exactly as the EU flag burned down", stated independent MP Kiril Gumnerov, who earlier one of the key members of the far-right party Ataka of Volen Siderov.
According to Gumnerov, Bulgaria's has been admitted to the EU under discriminatory and xenophobic conditions, and a number of EU member states have no started a mass propaganda campaign against the Bulgarians, BGNES reported.
"We Bulgarians aren't second-rate or second hand people," Gumnerov stated.
About 30 people rallied together with Gumnerov before the EC building in Sofia, tossing around several boxes full of tomatoes.
"EU: Happy Pigs, Unhappy Bulgarians" and "We Want Happy Bulgarians, Not Happy Hens", read the posters of the anti-EU protesters.
- » Five Bulgarian Regions among EU’s Ten Poorest in 2013
- » Bulgaria Finmin Unveils Plan for Mega-Fund Managing EU Financial Instruments
- » Bulgaria’s Rural Development Program 2014-2020 Conclusively Approved
- » Dairy Sector Crisis Affects EU Market, Not Just Bulgaria - Agriculture Minister
- » Ten EU Countries Oppose Proposal for Immigrant Quotas
- » Bulgaria's Stanishev to Face 71-Year-Old Candidate for 2nd PES Term