"If Finance Minister Simeon Djankov is to leave, the Cabinet will perish. Dismissing one Minister or another is not a problem for me. Releasing a Finance Minister before the end of the term, however, equals toppling the entire government. Bulgaria has good ratings, and this will be a bad message to investors."
Bulgarian Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, speaking in October 2010 in response to demands from the opposition to sack the Finance Minister. On Monday, Djankov became the first Finance Minister after the fall of the Communist regime in 1989 to resign before the end of his term in office.
- » Today's Quote: The President Is an Injured Carrier Pigeon
- » Today's Quote: The Fall of Bulgaria's 'Dictatorship'
- » Today's Quote: Presidential Candidate for Life. Literally
- » Today's Quote: Ahmet Davutoglu
- » Today's Quote: Populism and Alcoholism
- » Today's Quote: Bulgaria's PM Dreaming of Legal Loopholes