UK to Prevent Delays of Work Permits for Bulgarian, Romanian Students
UK's Minister for Europe David Lidington has sent a letter to Bulgarian Foreign Minister Nikolay Mladenov to inform him about the measures taken by the authorities to ensure the prompt processing of work permit applications of Bulgarian and Romanian students
By January 7, 2013, the UK Border Agency, the authority in charge of issuing work permits, processed 80% of the applications submitted before June 30, 2012, according to reports of Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry, citing the letter of the UK official.
The remaining 20% of the applications are to be reviewed on a priority basis and the UK Border Agency is currently reviewing documents filed over the past 6 months.
The UK authority invites students to file applications and request information at email@example.com.
The UK Border Agency pledges to provide a constant level of service to Bulgarian and Romanian students and to avoid delays.
Bulgarian Foreign Minister Mladenov sent a letter to David Lidington on January 8, asking UK authorities to take steps to normalize the process of issuing work permits for Bulgarian and Romanian students.
- » Bulgaria Plans to Initiate EU Discussion to Make Anti-IS Strategy More Efficient
- » Workers from Bulgaria, Romania Arriving in Britain Nearly Double in Year to March
- » Bulgarian Farmers Invited to Apply for EU Funding of EUR 50 M for New Equipment
- » Serbian Minister Criticizes Bulgaria for Sending Troops to Macedonian Border
- » Bulgaria Detains 310 Illegal Migrants at Borders Aug 13-20
- » Bulgaria Needs Effort to Incite Investment - Commissioner Georgieva