20 000 Rally in Biggest Ever Protest in Bulgaria's Coastal Varna
More than 20 000 demonstrators have rallied against local power utility Energo-Pro in Buglaria's Varna, mirroring the protests rallies in the capital Sofia against CEZ and in the southern city of Plovdiv against EVN, local media report.
Protests in Bulgaria's three largest cities escalated Sunday after a week of rallies against the excesses of the three power electricity distribution companies – CEZ, EVN, and Energo-Pro.
After initially gathering in the downtown, the protest rally in Varna Sunday broke up in two, with one group targeting the offices of Czech-owned company Energo-Pro, and another group targeting the Varna Municipality building, the Focus news agency reported.
Despite the efforts of the police, the Varna protesters managed to smash some of the windows of the Energo-Pro offices.
- » Orthodox Bulgaria Celebrates Annunciation
- » Earth Hour Campaign Will be Marked For The 10th Time
- » Urban Saints - an Exhibition by Stefan Vasilev
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
- » Economist Intelligence Unit: Singapore Most Expensive City Worldwide
- » Personality in the News Awards 2017