20 000 Rally in Biggest Ever Protest in Bulgaria's Coastal Varna
More than 20 000 demonstrators have rallied against local power utility Energo-Pro in Buglaria's Varna, mirroring the protests rallies in the capital Sofia against CEZ and in the southern city of Plovdiv against EVN, local media report.
Protests in Bulgaria's three largest cities escalated Sunday after a week of rallies against the excesses of the three power electricity distribution companies – CEZ, EVN, and Energo-Pro.
After initially gathering in the downtown, the protest rally in Varna Sunday broke up in two, with one group targeting the offices of Czech-owned company Energo-Pro, and another group targeting the Varna Municipality building, the Focus news agency reported.
Despite the efforts of the police, the Varna protesters managed to smash some of the windows of the Energo-Pro offices.
- » Three Dead, One in Serious Condition After Car Accidents in Last 24 hours
- » Sunny Weather Today, Maximum Temperatures 31°-36°
- » Two dead, 18 injured in car accidents in last 24 hours
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » SpaceX delays Bulgaria Satellite Again, Plans 'Doubleheader'