Fresh Protests against Power Utilities Staged in Bulgaria's Capital
Several hundred protesters rallied in Bulgaria's capital Sofia on Sunday against the excesses of power and heating utilities in a continuation of recent wave of protests over high electricity and heating bills.
The rally was staged at Bulgaria's Economy Ministry, with participating protesters of all ages, including mothers with young kid.
The protesters were chanting "mafia" under the windows of the ministry building blockading traffic on the Rakosvki Str.
The demonstrators demand the nationalization of Bulgaria's three power utilities – CEZ, EVN, and Energo-Pro, with the National Electric Company NEK assuming their responsibilities, the publication of all secret contracts in Bulgaria's energy sector, holding those who signed secret energy contracts responsible, abolishing NEK's obligation to buy out any produced electricity, as well as individual contracts with Sofia heating utility Toplofikatsiya that can be terminated on a month's notice.
- » Azerbaijan Ready to Invest in Bulgaria’s gasification
- » The Average Value of Heat Invoices For Household Customers of EVN Heating Company in December 2017 is BGN 80.32
- » Tesla Began the Serial Production of Solar Roofs
- » Minister of Energy: There are no Grounds for Raising the Price of Electricity
- » Bulgaria's NPP Kozloduy Opens 21.2 mln Euro Repair
- » Russia has Delivered the First Quantities of Liquefied Gas in the UK