Fresh Protests against Power Utilities Staged in Bulgaria's Capital
Several hundred protesters rallied in Bulgaria's capital Sofia on Sunday against the excesses of power and heating utilities in a continuation of recent wave of protests over high electricity and heating bills.
The rally was staged at Bulgaria's Economy Ministry, with participating protesters of all ages, including mothers with young kid.
The protesters were chanting "mafia" under the windows of the ministry building blockading traffic on the Rakosvki Str.
The demonstrators demand the nationalization of Bulgaria's three power utilities – CEZ, EVN, and Energo-Pro, with the National Electric Company NEK assuming their responsibilities, the publication of all secret contracts in Bulgaria's energy sector, holding those who signed secret energy contracts responsible, abolishing NEK's obligation to buy out any produced electricity, as well as individual contracts with Sofia heating utility Toplofikatsiya that can be terminated on a month's notice.
- » Centralised Heating for Sofia is Ready for the New Season
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020