Fresh Protests against Power Utilities Staged in Bulgaria's Capital
Several hundred protesters rallied in Bulgaria's capital Sofia on Sunday against the excesses of power and heating utilities in a continuation of recent wave of protests over high electricity and heating bills.
The rally was staged at Bulgaria's Economy Ministry, with participating protesters of all ages, including mothers with young kid.
The protesters were chanting "mafia" under the windows of the ministry building blockading traffic on the Rakosvki Str.
The demonstrators demand the nationalization of Bulgaria's three power utilities – CEZ, EVN, and Energo-Pro, with the National Electric Company NEK assuming their responsibilities, the publication of all secret contracts in Bulgaria's energy sector, holding those who signed secret energy contracts responsible, abolishing NEK's obligation to buy out any produced electricity, as well as individual contracts with Sofia heating utility Toplofikatsiya that can be terminated on a month's notice.
- » Sofia to Send Next Week Its Position on EC antitrust Case Against Gazprom
- » Sofia Plans to Require More Information From Brussels About Gazprom Case
- » The Fifth Block of Kozloduy NPP Is Stopped Because of Planned Modernization
- » Sofia Prepares Statement on Gazprom’s Obligations
- » New Prices of The Thermal Energy in The Country
- » Natural Gas Prices Are Fully Determined by Market Factors