Dutch Man Caught Smuggling Gold Bars at Bulgarian Border Crossing
A Dutch man has been detained by Bulgarian Customs officers at the Bulgarian-Serbian border crossing Kalotina trying to smuggle two gold bars.
Another Dutch man accompanying the first one was caught with a total of EUR 21 000 in his pockets, the press service of the Bulgarian Customs Agency reported.
The two Netherlands nationals were traveling to Turkey via Bulgaria; their car was searched after the customs agents found to be unnecessarily nervous.
- » Irish Revenue Seize over 18,000 Smuggled Cigarettes Originating from Bulgaria, Ukraine
- » Homeless Person Accused for Fire in Plovdiv's Tobacco Warehouse
- » Bulgaria Charges Four Afghans with Attempted Smuggling of 29 Syrian Migrants from Turkey
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 13 Irregular Migrants on Trakia Motorway
- » Former Road Infrastructure Agency Chief found innocent in scandalous court case
- » Bulgaria to Turn over Mourad Hamyd to France