Dutch Man Caught Smuggling Gold Bars at Bulgarian Border Crossing
A Dutch man has been detained by Bulgarian Customs officers at the Bulgarian-Serbian border crossing Kalotina trying to smuggle two gold bars.
Another Dutch man accompanying the first one was caught with a total of EUR 21 000 in his pockets, the press service of the Bulgarian Customs Agency reported.
The two Netherlands nationals were traveling to Turkey via Bulgaria; their car was searched after the customs agents found to be unnecessarily nervous.
- » Bulgarian Border Police Seizes Heroin worth BGN 5.7M
- » Sofia Court Reduces Prison Sentence of Alleged Drug Gang Leader Zlatomir Ivanov
- » Bulgaria Busts Int'l Antiquities Trafficking Ring
- » TIR Truck Driver Sentenced to Life Imprisonment in Iran Returned to Bulgaria
- » Sofia Court Freezes Property of Majority Owner of Bulgaria's Corpbank
- » Bulgaria's Police Busts Fake Passports Ring