Dutch Man Caught Smuggling Gold Bars at Bulgarian Border Crossing
A Dutch man has been detained by Bulgarian Customs officers at the Bulgarian-Serbian border crossing Kalotina trying to smuggle two gold bars.
Another Dutch man accompanying the first one was caught with a total of EUR 21 000 in his pockets, the press service of the Bulgarian Customs Agency reported.
The two Netherlands nationals were traveling to Turkey via Bulgaria; their car was searched after the customs agents found to be unnecessarily nervous.
- » Ex Bulgarian Public Official Gets 2 Years in Jail for Leaking Wiretapping Data
- » Bulgarian Court Increases Prison Sentence of Pazardzhik Imam over Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgaria Police Detain 35 Migrants in Downtown Sofia
- » Bulgaria Seizes 5.6 Kg Heroin at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarians Arrested in UK over Drug Trafficking
- » Over 500 Bulgarians Become Trafficking Victims A Year