Dimitrov Battles Past Baghdatis to Reach Semifinal in Rotterdam
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov came from a set down to beat his doubles partner Marcos Baghdatis 6-7 (4), 7-6 (0), 6-3 and book a place in the semifinals of the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament on Friday.
Dimitrov lost the opening set 7-6, but levelled the match by winning the second 7-0 in another tiebreak.
In the decider, the Cypriot fought to recover from 4-2 down and saved a match point in the eighth game to hold serve. However, Dimitrov eventually served the match out after more than two and a half hours at the Ahoy Rotterdam Indoor Sporting Arena.
The talented Bulgarian will face either Juan Martin del Potro or Jarkko Nieminen in his semifinal game.
- » Ludogorets Loses 1-2 to Liverpool in Champions League Clash
- » Bulgaria Men's Volleyball Team Loses to Finland
- » Bulgaria Drops Out of Volleyball Men's World Championship after Losing to Germany
- » Michael Schumacher Discharged from Hospital to Continue Recovery at Home
- » Bulgaria Defeats Azerbaijan 2:1 in UEFA Euro Qualifier
- » 16 Bulgarians To Participate In Special Olympics