Dimitrov Battles Past Baghdatis to Reach Semifinal in Rotterdam
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov came from a set down to beat his doubles partner Marcos Baghdatis 6-7 (4), 7-6 (0), 6-3 and book a place in the semifinals of the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament on Friday.
Dimitrov lost the opening set 7-6, but levelled the match by winning the second 7-0 in another tiebreak.
In the decider, the Cypriot fought to recover from 4-2 down and saved a match point in the eighth game to hold serve. However, Dimitrov eventually served the match out after more than two and a half hours at the Ahoy Rotterdam Indoor Sporting Arena.
The talented Bulgarian will face either Juan Martin del Potro or Jarkko Nieminen in his semifinal game.
- » Bulgarian Football Legend Hristo Stoichkov Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- » Bautista Agut Triumphs in First Edition of Sofia Open
- » Bulgaria Loses to Belgium in Fed Cup
- » Bulgarian Head of State Demonstrates Football Skills at La Bombonera Stadium
- » Bulgaria Defeats Hungary, Latvia in Fed Cup
- » Bulgaria Drops to 75th Place in FIFA Ranking