Dimitrov Battles Past Baghdatis to Reach Semifinal in Rotterdam
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov came from a set down to beat his doubles partner Marcos Baghdatis 6-7 (4), 7-6 (0), 6-3 and book a place in the semifinals of the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament on Friday.
Dimitrov lost the opening set 7-6, but levelled the match by winning the second 7-0 in another tiebreak.
In the decider, the Cypriot fought to recover from 4-2 down and saved a match point in the eighth game to hold serve. However, Dimitrov eventually served the match out after more than two and a half hours at the Ahoy Rotterdam Indoor Sporting Arena.
The talented Bulgarian will face either Juan Martin del Potro or Jarkko Nieminen in his semifinal game.
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Pledges Donation to Family of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victim
- » Bulgaria's Pulev to Face Samuel Peter for WBA Boxing Title on Saturday
- » Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
- » Former Bayern Munich President Gets Re-elected
- » Bulgaria's Football Team Progresses in FIFA Rankings
- » Bulgaria’s Asenova Becomes European Boxing Champion