Bulgarian Prosecutor Mysteriously Arrested
A prosecutor from major Bulgarian city of Burgas has been detained, according to media reports Friday.
The arrest of prosecutor Angel Georgiev was carried out by plain clothes police in a central Burgas cafe late Thursday evening.
At present, there is no official information on what charges Georgiev has been detained, but some sources are reporting implications with bribe.
The detainee was not given access to a lawyer at the time of the arrest.
His wife told the Bulgarian National Radio that police refused to inform her on what charges Gerogiev has been arrested.
Angel Georgiev is a prosecutor on a number of trials for bank fraud and murder, and is observing an abduction case, writes Mediapool.bg.
- » Special Prosecutor's Office Ends KTB Investigation, 18 People Indicted
- » Increased Police Presence Along E-79 Due To Casino Robbery
- » Police Turns Over 7 Bulgarian Citizens to Greek Authorities
- » Two Israelis Detained over Death Case Near Bulgaria's Samokov
- » Bulgarian Police 'Helping People Smugglers', Migrant Claims
- » Mayor of Bulgaria's Galiche Released on Bail