Bulgarian Prosecutor Mysteriously Arrested
A prosecutor from major Bulgarian city of Burgas has been detained, according to media reports Friday.
The arrest of prosecutor Angel Georgiev was carried out by plain clothes police in a central Burgas cafe late Thursday evening.
At present, there is no official information on what charges Georgiev has been detained, but some sources are reporting implications with bribe.
The detainee was not given access to a lawyer at the time of the arrest.
His wife told the Bulgarian National Radio that police refused to inform her on what charges Gerogiev has been arrested.
Angel Georgiev is a prosecutor on a number of trials for bank fraud and murder, and is observing an abduction case, writes Mediapool.bg.
- » Man Shot Dead in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Foreign National Finds Dead Body Near Bulgaria's Vidin
- » Czech Shooting ‘Not Terrorist Attack’, Interior Minister Chovanec Says
- » At Least Nine People Killed After Shooting in Czech Republic
- » European Court of Human Rights Rules against Bulgaria in 2 Cases
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize 8.7 Kg Heroin in Kosovo-Bound Car