Bulgarian Prosecutor Mysteriously Arrested
A prosecutor from major Bulgarian city of Burgas has been detained, according to media reports Friday.
The arrest of prosecutor Angel Georgiev was carried out by plain clothes police in a central Burgas cafe late Thursday evening.
At present, there is no official information on what charges Georgiev has been detained, but some sources are reporting implications with bribe.
The detainee was not given access to a lawyer at the time of the arrest.
His wife told the Bulgarian National Radio that police refused to inform her on what charges Gerogiev has been arrested.
Angel Georgiev is a prosecutor on a number of trials for bank fraud and murder, and is observing an abduction case, writes Mediapool.bg.
- » France Files Charges Against Terror Suspect Extradited from Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's DANS, Europol Bust Suspected People Smuggling Ring
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Drops Charges Against Former Interior Minister
- » Chief of Bulgaria's Largest Customs Office Accused of Taking Bribe
- » French Terror Suspect to Be Extradited from Bulgaria Thursday
- » Chief of Bulgaria's Largest Customs Agency Unit Detained in Special Operation