Bulgarian Prosecutor Mysteriously Arrested
A prosecutor from major Bulgarian city of Burgas has been detained, according to media reports Friday.
The arrest of prosecutor Angel Georgiev was carried out by plain clothes police in a central Burgas cafe late Thursday evening.
At present, there is no official information on what charges Georgiev has been detained, but some sources are reporting implications with bribe.
The detainee was not given access to a lawyer at the time of the arrest.
His wife told the Bulgarian National Radio that police refused to inform her on what charges Gerogiev has been arrested.
Angel Georgiev is a prosecutor on a number of trials for bank fraud and murder, and is observing an abduction case, writes Mediapool.bg.
- » BGN 8M Drained by Credit Card Skimmers in 2013
- » Court Halts 'Lost Files' Trial Against Bulgarian ex-Socialist Leader
- » US to Extradite to Bulgaria Convicted Human Smuggler
- » Four Bulgarians Busted in Greece for Fake Money Distribution
- » 44-Year-Old Bulgarian Faces 10 Years in Jail in Austria for Drug Trafficking
- » Police Bust 2 Meth Labs, Cannabis Greenhouse in Sofia