Bulgarian Prosecutor Mysteriously Arrested
A prosecutor from major Bulgarian city of Burgas has been detained, according to media reports Friday.
The arrest of prosecutor Angel Georgiev was carried out by plain clothes police in a central Burgas cafe late Thursday evening.
At present, there is no official information on what charges Georgiev has been detained, but some sources are reporting implications with bribe.
The detainee was not given access to a lawyer at the time of the arrest.
His wife told the Bulgarian National Radio that police refused to inform her on what charges Gerogiev has been arrested.
Angel Georgiev is a prosecutor on a number of trials for bank fraud and murder, and is observing an abduction case, writes Mediapool.bg.
- » Bulgarian Police Detain Ten Syrian Illegal Migrants, Alleged Trafficker
- » Sofia Court Freezes Property of Ex Parliament Deputy Speaker worth over BGN 1M
- » Bulgarian Court Issues 1-Year Prison Sentence for Attempted Arson of Dzhumaya Mosque
- » Bulgaria’s Prosecuting Authority Starts Probe Over Bribe Claims of Defense Minister
- » Bulgaria Counter-Terrorism Officer Detained at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarian Midwife Remains in Detention after Severely Wounding Baby