Israel Pressured Bulgaria to Kick out Hamas Delegation - Report
The Hamas delegation that had arrived in Bulgaria Wednesday has left the country Friday under controversial circumstances.
The Hamas representatives left from Sofia Airport around 10 am EET, reports the Bulgarian Focus Information Agency.
But according to Palestinian agency Maan, the delegation has been forcefully invited to leave the country by Bulgarian authorities.
Bulgarian sercurity forces had allegedly stormed the hotel rooms of the delegates, writes the agency quoting Hamas sources.
However, according to sources from the Bulgarian Center for Global and Middle East Studies, which invited the delegation, the Hamas representatives have left of their own free will.
The departing has however been prompted by pressure on the part of the government and other unnamed parties, said the source, as quoted by the Bulgarian National Radio.
The Hamas sources have further commented that Israel has pressured Bulgaria to do the move.
- » The Foreign Ministry Working on Borisov-Trump Meeting
- » Hungarian Prime Minister Orban Arrives on an Official Visit to Sofia
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva: Bulgaria will not be Just the "Territory" for the EU-Turkey Summit
- » Boris Johnson: London is Destination No. 1 for Bulgarian Students
- » Krasimir Karakachanov Held a Meeting with US Secretary of Defense James Matisse
- » President Rumen Radev Left for a Visit to the Republic of Macedonia