Israel Pressured Bulgaria to Kick out Hamas Delegation - Report
The Hamas delegation that had arrived in Bulgaria Wednesday has left the country Friday under controversial circumstances.
The Hamas representatives left from Sofia Airport around 10 am EET, reports the Bulgarian Focus Information Agency.
But according to Palestinian agency Maan, the delegation has been forcefully invited to leave the country by Bulgarian authorities.
Bulgarian sercurity forces had allegedly stormed the hotel rooms of the delegates, writes the agency quoting Hamas sources.
However, according to sources from the Bulgarian Center for Global and Middle East Studies, which invited the delegation, the Hamas representatives have left of their own free will.
The departing has however been prompted by pressure on the part of the government and other unnamed parties, said the source, as quoted by the Bulgarian National Radio.
The Hamas sources have further commented that Israel has pressured Bulgaria to do the move.
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister, Estonian Ambassador: EU’s Security Requires Solidarity, Unity
- » Joe Biden to Try Talking Turkey's Erdogan into Fighting IS
- » Obama Congratulates Borisov on Re-election as Bulgarian PM
- » Irina Bokova Is Likely Nominee For UN Head – French Media
- » Bulgaria Concerned over Escalating Jerusalem Tensions
- » Presidents of Bulgaria, Poland Back EU Energy Union