Israel Pressured Bulgaria to Kick out Hamas Delegation - Report
The Hamas delegation that had arrived in Bulgaria Wednesday has left the country Friday under controversial circumstances.
The Hamas representatives left from Sofia Airport around 10 am EET, reports the Bulgarian Focus Information Agency.
But according to Palestinian agency Maan, the delegation has been forcefully invited to leave the country by Bulgarian authorities.
Bulgarian sercurity forces had allegedly stormed the hotel rooms of the delegates, writes the agency quoting Hamas sources.
However, according to sources from the Bulgarian Center for Global and Middle East Studies, which invited the delegation, the Hamas representatives have left of their own free will.
The departing has however been prompted by pressure on the part of the government and other unnamed parties, said the source, as quoted by the Bulgarian National Radio.
The Hamas sources have further commented that Israel has pressured Bulgaria to do the move.
- » Bulgarian FM Mitov to Meet German Counterpart Steinmeier on Berlin Visit
- » Bulgaria President: It Is Better to Have Economic Crisis than Historic Shame
- » President to Attend Holocaust Remembrance Ceremonies in Poland, Czech Republic
- » Two Bulgarian Nationals Arrested in Libya for Alleged Smuggling
- » Bulgaria, Switzerland Shake Hands on Cooperation Agreement Worth CHF 76 M
- » Bulgaria Continues to Back Russia Sanctions despite Disadvantages for Exporters