Bulgarian Church to Name 3 Patriarch Candidates
The Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church will name Friday and Saturday the three candidates for the position of patriarch.
The new Bulgarian patriarch will be chosen at a national church council the following Sunday, February 24.
A candidate must be a serving metropolitan bishop, to have been in that position for at least 5 years, and to be over 50 years of age.
Bulgarian Orthodox Church long-serving Patriarch Maxim passed away of old age on November 6, 2012.
- » German Transplant Patient to Receive Liver from Bulgarian Donor
- » Outgoing Justice Minister Calls for Consensus on Priority Goals
- » Trade Union: ¼ of Bulgarian Households Below Poverty Threshold
- » Fatal Traffic Accidents in Bulgaria See Dramatic Increase – Expert
- » Child Beggars in Bulgaria's Capital 'Numbering 400'
- » Firefighters Protest in Varna