Bulgarian Church to Name 3 Patriarch Candidates
The Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church will name Friday and Saturday the three candidates for the position of patriarch.
The new Bulgarian patriarch will be chosen at a national church council the following Sunday, February 24.
A candidate must be a serving metropolitan bishop, to have been in that position for at least 5 years, and to be over 50 years of age.
Bulgarian Orthodox Church long-serving Patriarch Maxim passed away of old age on November 6, 2012.
- » Canadian Soldier Killed in Shooting Near Parliament in Ottawa
- » Code Orange Issued in Seven Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rains, Wind
- » 200 Bulgarian, Romanian Roma Evicted from Camp in Paris
- » Almost 90% Of Disabled People In Bulgaria Are Jobless
- » Bulgaria to Host International Astronomy Olympiad in 2015
- » Bulgaria Dropped 20 Positions in World Press Freedom Index in 2 Years