Meteorite Fall Stuns Central Russia
Residents of the Chelyabinsk Oblast in central Russia have witnessed Friday morning a massive fall of meteorite fragments.
What was initially believed to be an intensive meteorite shower is now supposed to be fragments of a single meteorite that broke and burned in the atmosphere.
Fragments have fallen to the ground, breaking house windows in the town of Satka and city of Chelyabinsk.
Dozens of residents are reported to have been slightly wounded by broken glass, but no grave injuries or destruction is reported.
Most of the fragments are believed to have fallen in uninhabited areas of Russia's Chelyabinsk Oblast, located east of the Urals, on the border of Europe and Asia.
According to another version, the meteorite was intercepted and shot broken by Russia's air defense system.
- » The Municipality of Sofia will Plant a Forest near Suhodol
- » Mostly Sunny Weather with Temperatures of up to 22-27°C
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny Today with Temperatures of Up to 22-27°C
- » Those who Died in the California Fires are Now 42
- » Xi Jinping: China will Fight to Stop Climate Change
- » NIMH: Fog in Some Areas in the Morning, Maximum Temperatures 22-27°C