Meteorite Fall Stuns Central Russia
Residents of the Chelyabinsk Oblast in central Russia have witnessed Friday morning a massive fall of meteorite fragments.
What was initially believed to be an intensive meteorite shower is now supposed to be fragments of a single meteorite that broke and burned in the atmosphere.
Fragments have fallen to the ground, breaking house windows in the town of Satka and city of Chelyabinsk.
Dozens of residents are reported to have been slightly wounded by broken glass, but no grave injuries or destruction is reported.
Most of the fragments are believed to have fallen in uninhabited areas of Russia's Chelyabinsk Oblast, located east of the Urals, on the border of Europe and Asia.
According to another version, the meteorite was intercepted and shot broken by Russia's air defense system.
- » Sunny Weather Forecast for Bulgaria on Saturday
- » Rainfall, Winds Expected in Bulgaria on Wednesday
- » Authorities Lift Bathing Ban on Beach in Bulgaria's Varna
- » Bulgaria to Have Another Sunny Summer Day on Friday
- » Bulgaria, Germany Sign Agreement on Implementing Innovative Environmental Projects
- » Black Sea Coast Nature Conservation Has Overwhelming Support among Bulgarians - Survey