US Republicans Block Hagel for Defense Secretary
Republicans in the US Senate have blocked Chuck Hagel's candidacy for the position of a Defense Secretary.
By a 58-40 vote, Republicans managed to postpone the final vote on Hagel's appointment with 10 days, during which the house will have further time to question the candidate.
The White House has reacted sharply, saying that the delay interferes with national security, in particular with further steps to be taken in Afghanistan.
It called for national unity and cooperation with Republicans in matters of national interest.
As a matter of fact, Chuck Hagel is a former Republican Senator.
However, he has become famous for his moderate stance towards Iran and not unconditional support for Israel.
- » Trump Says That Transgender People Will Not Be Allowed in the Military
- » The Taliban Captured a Base in Kandahar and Killed 30 Soldiers
- » Oficially Turkey Is Getting Russia's S-400 Air Defense System
- » EU Threatens to Block Brexit Talks Over Plans for Police Checks on Citizens Who Hope to Remain in Britain
- » Brussels Hands Poland 1-Month Deadline to Address Judicial Reform Concerns
- » With the Start of the New School Year 13 334 Children will Study Bulgarian Across 40 Countries