Oscar Pistorius Officially Charged with Murder
Prominent Olympic athlete Oscar Pistorius has been charged with murder after his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp was shot dead at his home in Pretoria.
The precise circumstances surrounding the incident are unclear.
Initial reports claimed that the suspect may have mistaken his girlfriend for a burglar and the shooting could have been a result of a Valentine's Day surprise gone wrong.
However, police spokeswoman Denise Beukes has declared that these reports did not come from police.
Police have also noted that there had been previous incidents at the address and described them as "allegations of a domestic nature," BBC says.
The victim, 30-year-old Reeva Steenkamp, was a well-known South African model. It is believed that she was shot four times.
The 26-year-old suspect was the first double amputee to run in the Olympics.
- » At Least 108 Killed in Nepal Earthquake - Report
- » Hungary Holds National Consultations on Illegal Immigration
- » Strong Earthquake Hits Nepal
- » Train Hits Migrants in Macedonia, Kills Fourteen
- » Armenia Commemorates Centenary of Mass Ottoman Killings
- » UKIP's Farage 'Prefers Indians, Austrialians' to Eastern Europeans